Good Stands for the Club

I'm considering obtaining or making stands to be kept at the site for club members to use. They can't be left outside on a permeant basis but we do have a container in which to store them when not in use.

I'm looking for ideas if you find that you have good stands at you're club or even plans of stand which would be good for site use. Need to be heavy enough for constant club use but not too heavy as the will need to be move from container to pits.

All help appreciated.

I have one of the enamelled steel model stands now out of production (Flight Mate?). I think its weight is an advantage and aids stability. I made a wooden one to my own design a few years ago which was much lighter but nothing like as good. I use it a lot in my workshop, too.

Geoff

It largely depends on where your club site is but we have a problem with local oiks who want vandalise ,steal or smash anything.. Make it strong and heavy if its to be left outside. One of our committee is looking at making tables that are fixed/ hinged to our pit safety fence and fold down when not in use . Will post some pics when they are built as waiting for some warmer ,dry weather.

I've got one of the SLEC stands and now find it indispensable. I put my flightbox on the lower platform to weigh it down and use a bungee to hold the tail of the model in the rear cradle and like that it will cope with a 1.20 FS. I've run up 38cc fs petrols in it but have someone holding the model back at that size. The biggest risk with these folding stands is that a pivot bolt will unwind and the stand could collapse, I now use threadlock on mine!

Edited By Bob Cotsford on 06/02/2018 11:46:00