Don Valley mfc Open days 2018

First one May 26th 27th (28th). Two day open as usual but will run on Bank Holiday Monday if weather and attendance is good. Field will stay open to guests Monday whatever is decided.

July 28th 29th.

Free entry, camping, onsite toilet, Insurance required, no A or B required, refreshments on site, plenty shops close by. Night flying lecky only.

Any questions please ask.

Edited By john stones 1 on 06/02/2018 19:53:37

Advert

• 2 months later...

John

I am sorry to say I cannot make it to this weekends fly in despite having prepared a car full of planes!.

My car has just developed an "engine fault" and as a consequence has dropped into "get you home mode". The garage ran a diagnostic (5 minutes and £42!) which showed a diesel engine's worst nightmare - Excess pressure across the Diesel Particulate Filter. It could not be reset suggesting it is the pressure sensor that is at fault..

They can't actually look at the car until next week and I don't really fancy such a long journey with the very modest performance (about 1/2 power!) available in the get you home mode.

Thanks John that's very kind but you guys are the stars doing all the setting up and entertaining us all weekend.

We had a great time despite the wind, which just made some models more challenging to fly. Never seen so many tree landings in a weekend and all the doomed pilots took it extremely well, even when the Goblins took Gary's night Bixler 3 times in 1 flight finally sticking it vertically in the top of a small tree! Colin cemented his Duck award by dunking several models in the drink!

I found it very surreal to be looping and barrel rolling around the moon in the dark on Saturday and Sunday night.

Peters Tiger Moth was just stunning in detail and build quality and he demonstrated superior piloting skills treating us to two flights in around 14mph winds. The quadcopter FPV guys were brilliant and very chatty. It was interesting to watch the quads in the air as well as FPV through goggles. Also had a good laugh and banter with the lads flying the 3D stuff as well and was stunned to see the big Yak turn up on the roof of a pickup truck! The Vulcan flights were very dramatic and exciting finally ending with a reasonably successful flight.

Huge thanks for another great and memorable DVMFC fly in. Lots of fun and laughs in a very friendly club atmosphere. Looking forward to the next one.

laugh