RCM&E March 2018 issue

John  Tee

Thanks Bob and Kevin those 2 plans look great. I think maybe when I get the kits I have built I will move on to that Der Jager. That Outerzone website is amazing I spent quite a lot of time looking through the biplanes I did not even get through 1/10 of them. Is RCM&E involved in creating that website and it's content too ?

Posted by PatMc on 23/02/2018 20:05:15:

Is it true that subscribers to "print only" are able to access subscribers only articles via this site ? If so why not include the contents of supplements with these articles. That way the overseas subscribers will at least be able to read them, so long as they have internet access.

Lorenz, would my above suggestion work for you ? Do you have access to subscriber only articles via this site ?

Posted by Pete B - Moderator on 23/02/2018 20:54:20:

I'm in the same position, Patrick, with my mag sent overseas. If you have the subscription, the supplements are available in the Digital Archive

Pete

Thanks Pete, I've read the digital suplement but always prefer the paper copy. It's just that I feel a bit left out in this, after all, we do pay more then UK subscribers, and that's normal after all, but still we don't get a little thing like this. Oh well, guess digitall will do also.

cheers

Patrick

Posted by David Ashby - RCME on 23/02/2018 06:38:23:

Selling magazines can be a challenging business these days and occasional offers on the shelves in UK newsagents (particularly WH Smith who - needless to say - sell more copies of the magazine than any other retailer) will come along from time to time. We have to sometimes give the UK casual buyers (still the largest market) a nudge from time to time.

I can appreciate the sentiments of course and we'll keep things under review going forward.

David

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 23/02/2018 06:45:57

I don't know how the incentives of the supplements for UK only, subscribers/buyers are working out for the revenue gathered, but I can tell you that you're starting to really annoy your overseas subscribers. If there's one thing guaranteed to cause displeasure it's to treat people differently.

andy

• 2 weeks later...

I love the magazine including the free plans and the articles are always interesting even if they are not exactly relevant to me here in Australia however, I do echo the sentiments of the previous posts regarding feeling a little left out when it comes to the “extras” that are only offered to the UK subscribers. I pay the extra for the electronic version but it is sometimes not that easy to read depending on internet speeds and devices etc.

I am yet to find anything to surpass RCM&E and so I will continue to subscribe but it would be nice if international subscribers were acknowledged in some small way even if it was the ability to enter a competition or two, after all we do pay a premium for our copies due to the postage costs (not for one moment suggesting that the postage is excessive, in fact it is fairly reasonable). It’s just the time waiting for it to arrive that drives my impatient mind mad. I’m usually about one edition behind you guys.

Keep up the good work and please keep the free plans. They are really interesting models and I learn so much from them. How about an article or two on flying techniques similar to the ones you did on landing? They were great. Maybe some on aerobatic manoeuvres? That would be cool.

Thanks again.

TP

Posted by Cuban8 on 16/03/2018 07:44:21:

The 'free' suppliments don't particularly interest me, but I can understand the frustration of the overseas readers who don't get the chance to have a hard copy

Edited By Cuban8 on 16/03/2018 07:48:28

Cuban 8 - Picked up my RCME this morning the free supplements are not of any interest to me as well, the latest 'Freebee' being boats. Just heading for the recycle bin would rather the RCME issue price was less.

Posted by Kevin 216 on 16/03/2018 10:51:06:
Posted by Cuban8 on 16/03/2018 07:44:21:

The 'free' suppliments don't particularly interest me, but I can understand the frustration of the overseas readers who don't get the chance to have a hard copy

Edited By Cuban8 on 16/03/2018 07:48:28

Cuban 8 - Picked up my RCME this morning the free supplements are not of any interest to me as well, the latest 'Freebee' being boats. Just heading for the recycle bin would rather the RCME issue price was less.

Agree with you Kev, the recent workshop supplement was very weak.

• 1 month later...