An Introduction to the PSSA 2018 Mass Build Project

Advert

Thanks Andy for explaining - its not always possible for me to use the forum at work so I've only just seen this!

Brian I hope you've caught this in time before gluing your fuselage sides together and have remedied accordingly!?

What this does point out is two things which are worthy of mention I guess...

1 - Folks aren't using the fuselage layout view on Sheet 2 as the master when arranging the fuselage sides;

2 - The other thread 'Hurricane Building Tips and Plan/Woodpack queries' isn't being referred to for updates.

Please remember this is a new production kit and although we've done our very best to ensure all is 100% correct - no kit has actually been built from the final 'production' pack (the beta test was pre-prod and led to some final changes) so we are bound to find the odd niggle or amendment as we go on - In that light - please do check all parts for fit and form prior to adding any glue and do keep referring to the 'Woodpack queries' thread throughout your build.

Happy building all! thumbs up

ideanerdidea

Would look great for sure - and easy enough to install with the built up wing!

It got me thinking how infrequently you see them used during the displays... I went back in time looking through old photos and I found that a few years ago we had a local village fete where the BBMF sent a pair of fighters for a 'flypast' - in BBMF terms that's a pass upon arrival plus 2 returning passes before they head on to the next waypoint. My photos that day show the wing L/E lights on throughout that display - makes it look like a Tucano!! I'll upload one or two later when I'm at home!

Good! That's two of us. I'm an electronic design engineer so I can knock up an Rx operated switch should anyone want one, although I see HobbyKing have one for £6 so perhaps that's the way to go:

**LINK**

This is a good point to say thanks to you Chris for taking pics of your cannon retaining method (refer back to page 3 of this thread). After speaking to you about this at Woodford on Saturday morning I'll definitely be using it on my Hurri.

I would love to do one but haven't got the cash or space on my lap tray. One scheme I would like is Sand and earth . Or Grey/ Earth , Two Greys ,Grey/ Green. Oh dear now got too many choices again. A good job I'm not doing one isn't it? I live fairly close to The Orme but can't get there. Most frustrating angrydevilsadwink

Good luck to all taking part. Regards John

As promised, here are a couple of shots of a BBMF Hurricane displaying with the L/E lights on - although my memory failed me a little! - there is only ONE light in operation for some reason - not both as I had remembered!

Anyway it gives us a feel for the colour and luminosity we should be trying to recreate.

Photos from Summer 2014 - Waingroves Village Fete, Derbyshire.

hurricane lights 1 (1).jpg

Being tail chased by a Spit PR.19

hurricane lights 1 (2).jpg

Am I right in thinking the bulbs are angled slightly downward, I guess that would make sense as an aid when looking for the strip during a night time landing? Also, as well as the angle, is the bulb actually set slightly lower than the wing C/L too??

Maybe Danny Fenton can add some clarity if he's reading??