HK's "Sale now on".....or not

I see HK are advertising a sale. They sent me an email notification which caught my eye..

hk_2.jpg

I thought..why not, at that price it would be rude not to buy another (I already have one) as it could be useful in all sorts of projects.....BUT ....upon adding to my basket it becomes...

hk_1.jpg

Ho-hum......

Advert

I did the same sort of thing with the socket screws. Many were 2 or 3 p for a packet of 10 so I put everything below 5 p in my basket.

First mistake it was the US warehouse. Did it all again for the global but even so the shipping pushed the £1.50 cost for 15 packetssmile up to £12.or so sad. The problem is I don't actually need any at the moment.

I don't know why they bother with these so called 'sales' with all the details hidden away in the Ts and Cs. It just annoys people. HK are far from alone in this. Has anyone ever bought anything from anywhere at the 'from' price? A sprat to catch a mackerel and equally fishy IMHO.

I guess it depends on what you're looking for at the time.

Only a couple of weeks ago I was after a large plastic toolbox; found one on HK for 28 euros, and while perfect for my needs I decided not to go ahead with a purchase.

Along comes the HK sale and hey presto, the same toolbox is on sale for under 8 euros, a saving of around 75%. Said item is now on the way to me along with a smattering of other things offered in the sale.

In total, I paid 65 euros for an order which would have been close to 100 beforehand. And, together with free shipping I'm a very happy bunny.

I bought 2 ASPFS30 engines for my Grumpy Tigercub from the EU store at £70 each, a saving of £20 each from that previously advertised plus free postage. At the same time I ordered a load of bits from the UK store and made good savings on those (free postage), delivery from EU store was yesterday, UK store won't be until Friday, work that out!

It amazes me how people don't check things on the HK site. See an item listed as a big sale reduction, think "I'll have that" then moan about the postage from another part of the globe. After all they are a global company and some items sell better in some countries and not others so they have to shift stock and have a sale!! It doesn't mean to say that they are in your specific country at the sale price. I'm waiting for a HK plane to be in stock in the UK warehouse which is in the sale, I can get it from Hong Kong but after checking the postage It's more than the plane so I'll hope and wait. I fully expect when it gets to the UK it will be back up to the presale price.

Keith - if you look this particular item is advertised as only being available from the global site at the $2 price and the €12.57 price is the item from the global warehouse with free shipping so its not a moan about the cost of shipping it is a moan about changing the price between the offer and the actual.......

It's no different to the ebay sellers who list items on auction, only to remove them the day before the auction finishes, because the price isn't within £1.00 of the price the same seller is selling as buy-it-now.

There is nothing new in marketing.

If it looks too good to be true it probably isn't

Ain't no such thing as a free lunch. wink 2

Posted by MaL on 08/03/2018 13:06:46:

Keith - if you look this particular item is advertised as only being available from the global site at the $2 price and the €12.57 price is the item from the global warehouse with free shipping so its not a moan about the cost of shipping it is a moan about changing the price between the offer and the actual.......

Point taken, Sorry Mal.