Fed Up!

Geoff Peacock

The neibours of the square t live in get the mayor to shut the square I live on to traffic. We then get tables from the mayor. He gives us some money to buy paper table cloths (socially cohesive activity). Then we all bring food, make a lot of noise. And get drunk. The simple cocktail of rosé wine and grapefruit juise was a lie, as it was mostly vodka, and I knew I was drinking a lie, as I poured it down my throat.

Waste of a weekend, and we lost to South Africa, and I dare not go near an aircraft for fear of wrecking it.

You work out what I meant to say, too tired.

Edited By Don Fry on 17/06/2018 12:37:55

Posted by Tom Sharp 2 on 17/06/2018 18:40:38:
Posted by john stones 1 on 17/06/2018 09:29:31:

Yes you did, footballers were celebrities then, Bobby Moore marrying a Beverly sister, George Best doing whatever. A sport enjoyed by Billions, plenty free channels available now, turn over or switch off. Harry Kane...an ordinary young man who worked hard and did well for himself, still with his girlfriend from his schooldays, Lout ? behave yourselves.

I wonder, when one of the Beverly sisters married Bobby Moore, she bothered to tell her husband Billy Wright.laugh

I should hope she did., It's bigamy. face 1

Or to put it another way. Ooops embarrassed

The square party sounds like fun...

Based on results so far (Brazil drawing with the Swiss) it could be a fascinating tournament but I'll hold back until after the game tomorrow.

To be fair, based on conversations at my club I rather feel in the minority as a football follower so maybe I should start a World Cup Thread...

Posted by Josip Vrandecic -Mes on 17/06/2018 09:45:29:

One of the greatest inventions in the history of mankind is the on/off switch on the TV receiver. smile p

The off switch doesn't seem to work, when the wife has the controller.. So I disappear off to Oblivion... the computer game that is☺ When I really should be starting that Phase 6 kit.

What I can't understand is the hysteria today about England winning a game. Don't they have to win them all?

No don't answer that....😞

Posted by Ray Dunn on 19/06/2018 09:59:41:

One of the greatest inventions in the history of mankind is the on/off switch on the TV receiver. smile p

The off switch doesn't seem to work, when the wife has the controller..

The off switch in our house works, SWMBO always has the controller she can't stand footbore, really enjoying the peace and quiet.

Organised louts after trouble..... police man hours ...... those who feel that they are a part of " the team" so much so that they are willing to injure those who do not follow " they're team" vulnerable members of the general public are left wide open to crime because all the police officers are trying to keep two " teams fans apart or else it's a riot".."

Yes..... what's not to like....

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 20/06/2018 09:37:03

Posted by Kevin 216 on 19/06/2018 18:37:16:
Posted by Ray Dunn on 19/06/2018 09:59:41:

The off switch doesn't seem to work, when the wife has the controller..

The off switch in our house works, SWMBO always has the controller she can't stand footbore, really enjoying the peace and quiet.

Get rid of the telly! Better than the on/off switch, and you will save some money on the license!

BEB - I put this sort of error down to using word recognition software - perhaps we should revise English to be correct as 'heard' by the software. At the same time we could simplify English so we spell color like the Americans but tyre refers to round black things on a car while tire means 'to weary'. Sensible amendments?