It's Too Darn Hot

Dai Fledermaus

Our Club field has little in the way of shade except for a hedge which as the sun get higher in the sky, chairs get moved closer and closer to it until we are almost sitting in the hedge. Then from midday you are in the full glare of it. A few hardy flyers, however, have been there every day so it's not just `mad dogs who go out in the midday sun`.

I must confess it's been far too hot for me. These local sheep have been feeling it too. It's not my photo by the way so I can't take credit for it.

36856093_1029915337163626_5324580384027967488_n[1].jpg

Edited By Dai Fledermaus on 08/07/2018 09:49:48

Advert

Posted by Josip Vrandecic -Mes on 08/07/2018 12:30:30:

Hi Dai , thank you, this picture is incredible ... and they say the sheeps are stupid ..smile p

Edited By Josip Vrandecic -Mes on 08/07/2018 12:31:13

Thanks Josie, but I have to say that there sheep around here are far from stupid. Ive seen them walk across cattle grids which are specifically designed to prevent livestock from crossing.

We do have a gazebo which lives in a box on the field along with our chairs. The first one finally gave up the ghost after muliple folding/unfoldings.

The new one is that same type, two people (Preferably four) can take hold and just pullit out and extend the legs, job done. They only cost about £70 odd

It works well but can get a bit crowded if too many members turn up.

TIP, when the plastc hinge bits start to break, get a new one and salavage all the plastic bits for future repairs.

The box is very secure and solid (I can't even lift the door now) and used to house our ancient and unmissed Hayter mower.

I bought a £20 3m x 3m gazebo from Homebase for use at aerotows, used it at the first time at Milson a couple of weeks ago when the sun was beating down, was I popular. Took less than 10mins to put up and take down.

But, they are now on sale for £15.

Don't need one at our club site as we have a large hedge on the South side of our pit area, so we can all sit in shade.