Don Valley Open Weekend 29-30th September

Advert

Just a word of thanks to all the team at Don Valley MFC. It was a great fly in, with a well organised, but low key informal approach. The hospitality on offer was first class and everyone felt at home from the start!

Despite the fact that the strong and rather gusty crosswind led to me deciding that discretion was the better part of valour where flying what I had brought was concerned I had a great day. A particular highlight was meeting folks who often post on here but whom I have never met; Simon, Gary, Mark et al, as well as well known forum mates such as John and Paul. I also met loads of other new people and chatted with them. A really friendly atmosphere!

Well done DVMFC!

BEB

Thank`s to all at Don Vale model flying club for a nice relaxed event,very much local club fly-in with visitor from surrounding clubs.

There where lots of model on the flight line of varying styles and sizes which represented the individual interest of the modellers who brought them.
It was a nice bright sunny day but unfortunately the sun and wind which was strong where right in you re face 90 degrees to the flight line and so there was not a great deal of flying going on.
I only took two models myself but did manage to fly them both and on one occasion lost sight of my model in the bright sunlight so i only had a quarter of the sky i could fly in.
I watched Simon and others fly there models and i think it is fare enough to say that some of the bigger models fared better in the windy condition than the smaller ones.
On the whole was a pleasant day out with much chatting with other like minded folk
Thank`s Stevethumbs up

Another good weekend at DVMFC, thanks guys.

Nice and calm in the mornings but quite windy & turbulent in the afternoons. Saturday evening after 5pm calmed down again to almost no wind. Still managed to fly a good variety from an L-4 Grasshopper & Puppeteer to Wot4 XL and Wots Wot Foam-e, which handles almost any wind thrown at it! Did crash my Atom Special though when it got turned down wind with a decaying head speed ending in a left roll and nose dive to the ground. Fortunately the only damage was a bent motor bell!

Vicky even managed to have a go with the Bixler trainer buddied to Mark with Gary in the other ear telling her which left to use! All despite her trying to convince them repeatedly that she was going to crash it! Luckily Mark kept saving it so I didn't have to buy a broken Bixler!

Simons A350 is just amazing and looked so realistic in flight. Even with the turbulence from the trees he managed to pull off a perfect landing although the approach would have been terrifying for the passengers! Look forward to seeing it again at Ashbourne in a few weeks hopefully.

yes

dvmfc_09_2018.jpg

Edited By Chris Barlow on 30/09/2018 20:30:46