Setting a status

Dave Cooper 3

Advert

Posted by Denis Watkins on 26/11/2018 21:38:20:

Yes Pete

Shows

Member Online

Chilled

Can someone give me a clue as to where to look to see a a person's status?

I don't see anyone's status - do I need to set one myself in order to see other peoples status?

Dick

hello dickw,i think how it works is on your hompage for the forum you can send a friend a request and if they accept it you will have their name in your friends box.when you log on to the forum,you'll see the grey button to the left of their name lit up green if they are logged in to the site also....try it,send me a friend request i'll accept it and when i'm on the forum,you'll see my green light-lit up...as for your staus box below your name,just put anything in it,i don't think its of any importance etc....

ken anderson......ne...1...green light dept.

Edited By ken anderson. on 27/11/2018 10:13:02

Posted by ken anderson. on 27/11/2018 10:10:33:

hello dickw,i think how it works is on your hompage for the forum you can send a friend a request and if they accept it you will have their name in your friends box.when you log on to the forum,you'll see the grey button to the left of their name lit up green if they are logged in to the site also....try it,send me a friend request i'll accept it and when i'm on the forum,you'll see my green light-lit up...as for your staus box below your name,just put anything in it,i don't think its of any importance etc....

ken anderson......ne...1...green light dept.

Edited By ken anderson. on 27/11/2018 10:13:02

Thanks for that Ken, now I know why I don't see "status" - I don't have any friends smiley.

Nothing personal against the members of this forum - it's just that I try not to get involved with that sort of "social media process" if I can avoid it.

Thanks again for the info.

Dick

Edited By Dickw on 27/11/2018 10:49:34

Posted by Pete B - Moderator on 27/11/2018 10:43:02:
Posted by Denis Watkins on 26/11/2018 21:38:20:

Yes Pete

Shows

Member Online

Chilled

Having a very dumb moment here. Where did you see that, Denis? What do I have to do to see someone else's status?crook

Pete

Hi you can see it if you click on the members name and their profile comes up .

Have a browse along the maroon top row of the page, Dave. Under Settings you can add a bit about yourself in 'My Profile'. The 'Friends' button will give you a chance to send a request to anyone you know on the forum - it will just show them in a panel on your page and you can see if they're online and gives you a shortcut to messaging them.

The hi-tech here knows no bounds......teeth 2

Pete