William Layton

sharpy1071

Advert

Posted by Stephen Smith 14 on 05/12/2018 22:45:53:

Can't believe threads like this continually keep coming up, if your thick enough, naive enough or greedy enough to fall for any of these scams you deserve to loss your money, after all education is expensive. My suggestion for any one that thinks its genuine is stay off the internet.

Thank you for adding someting so constructive to my posting well done.

Tom, well said, they live among us!.

As the person who instigated this thread I put it up to get the name of WILLIAM LAYTON about so no-one would give him the time of day to carry on doing it on this forum. I agree with my namesake Tom and go along with what Simon Craig is saying. It not a case of educating pork as there are some very intelligent people on this forum who can see just what I am doing. It has been reported to the police and they are happy that this discussion is on going as others have had William Layton contact them and that just proves it is a scam.

"admittedly those are very few these days but the account details aren't secret and not useful except to help someone pay in to it."

Clarkson (somewhat) famously published his personal bank details in the Sunday papers column he wrote. You know, just to prove that very point.

Within a few days, someone had bought him a second hand caravan using his own money and had it delivered to his house.

I believe he closed the account after that...

Posted by Stephen Smith 14 on 05/12/2018 22:45:53:

Can't believe threads like this continually keep coming up, if your thick enough, naive enough or greedy enough to fall for any of these scams you deserve to loss your money, after all education is expensive. My suggestion for any one that thinks its genuine is stay off the internet.

The correct use of "your" in your first sentence is " you're", or of course "you are". Education is expensive and best used.

I never fail to wonder at the new verbs emerging - "to leverage" seems bad enough but now we have "to loss"! What was wrong with good old "lose"? At least our expensively educated educator didn't "loose" the plot like so many others...

I do despair when some of our non-native English speaking contributors use better spelling and grammar than indigenous forum members. I despair even more when I make an error and miss the 20 minute correction window!

Yes, I'm a pedant - I blame my parents and teachers!

Posted by Martin Harris on 06/12/2018 10:10:37:

I never fail to wonder at the new verbs emerging - "to leverage" seems bad enough but now we have "to loss"! What was wrong with good old "lose"? At least our expensively educated educator didn't "loose" the plot like so many others...

I do despair when some of our non-native English speaking contributors use better spelling and grammar than indigenous forum members. I despair even more when I make an error and miss the 20 minute correction window!

yes There are some very gullible people amongst us who can get caught out. Bringing these scum or thieves  to the attention of others is a good idea. Its a pity though that it seems to start bun fights within our ranks ? very odd .

Edited By Engine Doctor on 06/12/2018 12:10:22

Posted by sharpy1071 on 06/12/2018 08:58:21:

As the person who instigated this thread I put it up to get the name of WILLIAM LAYTON about so no-one would give him the time of day to carry on doing it on this forum. I agree with my namesake Tom and go along with what Simon Craig is saying. It not a case of educating pork as there are some very intelligent people on this forum who can see just what I am doing. It has been reported to the police and they are happy that this discussion is on going as others have had William Layton contact them and that just proves it is a scam.

Well said, and welll done for bringing this low life to our attention!

Posted by Martin Harris on 06/12/2018 10:10:37:

One of the beauties of English is it its flexibility. I agree it can be irritating at times (eg 'to medal' ) but the ability to create verbs from nouns is one of its features as a living language that's very widely spoken throughout the world in various forms (some of those forms are almost a different language from the one we use).

My main gripe is the loss of some words by misuse -eg 'disinterested' used instead of 'uninterested' is sad because they mean different things. But this is somewhat off topic (he writes, starting a sentence with a conjunction )

Geoff

Edited By Geoff Sleath on 06/12/2018 12:53:04

Posted by Engine Doctor on 06/12/2018 11:57:59:

yes There are some very gullible people amongst us who can get caught out. Bringing these scum or thieves to the attention of others is a good idea. Its a pity though that it seems to start bun fights within our ranks ? very odd .

Edited By Engine Doctor on 06/12/2018 12:10:22

I agree wholeheartedly ED - it just annoys me when people make very rude and personal statements about other forum members who have different viewpoints - particularly when they are trying to be helpful.