flight manoeuvre descriptions

OZ e flyer

Hi all,

I have a request/suggestion maybe for the editors of this forum and RCM&E magazine.

Is it possible to put a column together that describes in words and diagrams different Aerial Manoeuvres? maybe one movement per month?

I hear different terms used like Cuban 8's and many others but trying to find out what they are and how they look or are performed is a whole different ball game.

What do others think? Is it possible gentlemen?

Keep up the good work.

TP

Advert

Thank you gents, I will follow up on your recommended reading.

Danny I am probably what you would call a progressing flyer. I love getting my sleeker out and tearing a hole in the sky with loops and rolls etc. But I have no idea what the difference is between Aeros and scale and would love to learn.

I remember a little while ago reading in RCM&E a really good article on perfecting landings and it was brilliant. I thought if I could read similar articles like that on other flight techniques, I could take my flying to a whole new level.

Anyway you have armed me with lots of reading sources so I will read and learn.

Many thanks again gents and a merry Christmas to you all

TP

Hi TP

I and two colleagues, all A level flyers, are looking to improve our flying by practicing flying each of the manouvers in the Clubman schedule on the GBRCAA Site. Once we have got one sorted we try adding it into a mini schedule, better than a random approach. I think that the ribbon is fairly easy to follow.

We had hoped to get further this year, but the weather intervened! Roll on summer 2019.

Hope this helps

Edited By Richard Ashworth on 08/12/2018 21:17:48

Posted by Masher on 08/12/2018 15:01:34:

You will struggle to find better information than Peter's thread on this forum: **LINK**

Masher, thanks for the kind words.

Richard, you will need to start at the beginning of the thread as the bookmark takes you to the last page - just in case you wondered where the aerobatic descriptions are. I have explained things in a bit more detail than in the link posted by Dennis.

Are you aware that there are monthly aerobatic training sessions at the National Centre? Check out this link. The last one was on 7th Nov and I don't think the schedule for 2019 has been published yet. Willyuk helps out with these so he might be able to tell you what are the plans for 2019.

Peter

Nigel - according to the AA Route Planner, it's only 122 miles from Heathrow Airport to Buckminster Lodge and they quote 2 hr 22 min for the journey. Hardly a million miles! If you want something closer then you may be lucky if you can find a club with an experienced aerobatic pilot who has the time to help you.