35 MHz RX

Being in the unenviable position of having a box full of 35mhz RX which we find in today’s RC world are redundant. Today, does anyone have a use for these items, or should they be sent to the dump.

I am surprised to see how many of these RX are on sale on the normal selling sites, and the amount of money some people think they are worth. Needless to say no bids ever seem to be made or evidence that any are sold.

Advert

Re crystals of 35mhz, I think you should have a matching pair for Tx and Rx. I have just purchased a synthasized Rx from a kind forum member, think this is the way to go as crystals are getting hard to find. Th OP mentioned "redundancy" but I believe there many fliers still on 35mhz for one reason or the other. Cheers

Posted by Tom Flynn 1 on 04/04/2019 12:37:56:

I would have be more than happy to have used both type,s of RX, ( which I did for a while) but our club banned the use of 35 meg. Which I’m sure many clubs have followed that suit and done the same.

What on earth for??? Its the ONLY frequency exclusively allocated to RC aircraft! Even 2.4GHz is a shared band!

Mind you, if they are so incompetent that they can't even operate a pegboard system......

--

Pete

I still have 35 and a friend does too. I don't use mine mouch now but it is handy. I won't part with my Rxs etc.

These days there afre so few people in a club on 35 mhz it is easy to liase with each other. Another mmeber has a set 10 Kc away frommine, oen the rare occasions we both have them on the field we simply make sure each other is not flying or about to...no problems

We need to be very careful to maintain a presence on 35MHz. We have the most generous allocation of any of the European nations, and if we don't use it, we could well lose it!

2.4 GHz is a *shared* band, and while there is little conflict between ourselves and other users at present, there is no guarantee that this will extend indefinitely into the future. 2.4 GHz is bound to become more congested with time, and there may come a time when it is no longer viable. It won't be tomorrow, or even next week, but it could happen, and if it does, 35 MHz could be our only option.

There is nothing wrong with 35 MHz. It just needs a little discipline at busy times.

--

Pete

Just looked on the shelf above my computer -

Futaba FP-T5N Tx Challenger 35 MHz

Spektrum Dx7 Tx (an early one) 2.4 GHz

JR x-347 Tx (with Corona 2.4 GHz module)

Twister Hawk Tx 35 MHz (that counter rotating blade helicopter, somewhere)

Top Ranking Tx 27 MHz (Fly Dragonfly helicopter, somewhere)

Shouldn't have moved that last one, dust everywhere.

27 MHz is probably fairly interference free now there's no CB radio,