Disposing of modelling goods?

Advert

Posted by Nigel R on 06/04/2019 07:05:48:

Gents. Much the same could be said of many hobbies.

Anyone fancy ................. A couple of half disassembled ford crossflows?

Fetching good money on the classic Formula Ford and Clubmans scene.

Apparently blocks are now in short supply

Kim

Posted by Chris Freeman 3 on 08/04/2019 10:02:11:

My mates and I have a saying and that is when I die, do not let my wife sell the stuff for what I said I paid for it!

Probably what you will get.

I noticed on E Bay yesterday, a very nice looking current production model, OS120 Surpass pump, yours, 100 quid inc delivery. That is 25% of what someone paid, and I bet it would see me out.

Interesting thought Percy - perhaps you should be buying rather than selling? You'd have the bonus of being able to use the engines while new ones are pushing up the prices of any remaining stock of second hand ones!

I do think that there's a far bigger market for 4 strokes - I can't imagine that I'd use 2 strokes in any scale build but I have benefited recently from some virtually new OS46 AXs that I picked up from converts to electric power very cheaply, for my new Slim Twin.

Current exchange rates are certainly good news for Laser - their engines are far better value for money than buying products from the far eastern manufacturers.

My wife has a keeler with arms at the side to help her getting up. She uses it for gardening (I do none - I married a market gardener's daughter!). I've use a few times for odd jobs when I need to get down to the ground (I've been hopeless a kneeling since an accident back in 1990). I think she bought it from one of those gadget catalogues we get from time to time and seem to be directed at old fogeys like us.

For flying, I always take my folding metal model stand which is about the best modelling accessory I've ever bought. Even if I only take a model, a few batteries and my transmitter, the stand come too.

Geoff

PS: I checked with SWMBO and this is the kneeler she uses.  It works very well and is a lot softer than hard tarmac

Edited By Geoff Sleath on 08/04/2019 21:53:27

WE were lucky and got given a couple of ex Pub garden tables. The secretary has fitted them with wheels so they are easy to moved depending on wind direction. We are all glad of them, even the younger members in their 50s.

table.jpg

This was before the wheels were fitted. The box acts as a third table