Deafness needs light, not buzzer!

Den Moran

Hi,everyone.

As my hearing gets worse, I find I cannot hear the buzzer on my transmitter, unless conditions are absolutely perfect, so I would like to fit an Led light (connected to the buzzer) on the outside of my transmitter.

I'm ok with the soldering etc, and the polarity, but would like someone to tell me the correct wiring/diagram.

I suspect its a straightforward 'loop'with the bulb in the middle, but not all sure! Cheers, Den, Swansea.

Advert

I'm also fairly deaf but I can hear the voice messages (mostly time counts) on my Frsky Horus if the sound is turned up. However, if the messages are loud enough to irritate other pilots (I'm lucky enough to be able to have the sky to myself when there are only a few at the field) I carry a set of earphones. That might be a better solution than a light of some sort (which may be difficult to see in bright light). I'm also not keen on looking away from my model to see my transmitter display - I've occasionally had a minor panic when looking back and not immediately being able to see it.

Geoff

Neat fitting LEDs are available Den, in their own housing, or use an LED clip in your Tx, you drill the hole

They are the usual red and black wiring, to the same polarity as the buzzer to the board

They draw very little current, in the order of 20ma

If the polarity is not marked on the LED by the flat spot on the base

Then look through the Led, and the Pendant shaped inside is the minus

A protective resistor is required sorted using VI / R

Thanks , everyone. I thought someone would know how to do it, is all.

Den, I have/know those points/fittings, and thank you for that. The only bit I didn't know was ' A protective resistor is required sorted VI/R' ? Cheers , Den.

Deafness - Good point is I cannot hear people calling me names!

Not sure where you plan to position the warning LED, my Multiplex Profi transmitter has a series of warning LED lights (triggered by various telemetry sensors etc) just above the sticks. I have never noticed them in flight, easy to see when I look down at the Tx, but they don't attract my attention when flying. A vibration alarm would be better in my opinion if you want something that grabs your immediate attention. (or maybe a mild electric shock through the sticks.......................)