Bryant Percival Gull 6 E conversion

20190614_180450_resized.jpg20190614_180627_resized.jpg20190614_180710_resized.jpgI `ve had this airframe for about 4 years now, when i bought it i removed the OS .70 four stroke (won`t fly glow due to the mess) and have had a couple of half hearted bites at electric conversion. Well it is now close to flight, i have fitted a Turnigy 5055 430kv motor on 6s 3500mah turning a 14x8 wood prop. It needed a small amount of lead on the tail and final weight is 9Lbs 3oz, the watt meter shows 40amp max giving 920 watts. I think this should be a good setup, anyone like to chime in with thought on the set up, be interested in your opinions. Wingspan is 72" and it has a decent set of flaps on it (if you`ll excuse the expression!) .............Martin

20190614_180803_resized.jpg

Advert

You seem to have all the bases covered; a good motor installation and easily accessible battery will make it easy to prepare for flight when you take it to the field. Also, that motor should be reasonably unstressed at the quoted max power level. It should give the Gull very acceptable performance. I'm sure that Cindy will be very happy!

My similarly sized Mew Gull weighs about 4kg/10lb IIRC and I test flew it on 6S @ 45 amps flat out on a 14x7 APC/E prop with an EMax GT 4030/06 420 rpm/v motor and it flew very well. I don't think you'll have a problem with your set up.

That's a beautiful model btw.

Geoff

Just to clarify things this plan is now available from Sarik just as other plans from Dennis Bryant's range are ( his other plans WERE sold direct but now have been incorporated into Sarik's range as they were Traplet at one time ) It is here

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...