Sabre made in Belgium

Looks like a colourful scheme, Dirk.

Phil Cooke has already chosen the Yugoslavian yellow and blue livery. It would be great if all the models were in different colours, there are certainly many to choose from.

Sabres were delivered to 28 countries and they were also flown by many different aerobatic teams!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello sabre-ists,

While building the wing ,i noticed that the ply wing brace in front of the ribs is captured between the wing skins.(planwise)

I think this is a drawing error or am i seeing this wrong ?I'm going to add this brace after the false leading edge , leading edge and skins are sanded.It may be hard to sand the ply next to the soft balsa but i'm going this way.

Any thoughts ?

Posted by dirk tinck on 01/12/2019 00:02:42:

Hello sabre-ists,

While building the wing ,i noticed that the ply wing brace in front of the ribs is captured between the wing skins.(planwise)

I think this is a drawing error or am i seeing this wrong ?I'm going to add this brace after the false leading edge , leading edge and skins are sanded.It may be hard to sand the ply next to the soft balsa but i'm going this way.

Any thoughts ?

If you cover the balsa with masking tape it will stop the excessive sanding problem, perhaps use a Proxxon type shoe horn sander for the ply - is a lot quicker.

20191122_220014.jpgFinally found some time between building to get this blog going.

I started the sabre with the fuse up to the point of joining the two halves,this because i'm not sure yet if i'm doing speed brakes or not.The planking is done with 6mm planks and green zap(cyano).The seems are glued after with red zap.20191111_223858.jpg

After afew nights the wing takes shape .The ribs are really cut perfect and needed little or no sanding and soon i'm thinking how to mount the servo's.

I'm using savox micro's wich pull 3.9kg at 6V.

For a PSS model landing on the wing i don't want the servo horns on the underside ,so i'll be placing the servo on the top side of the wing with the arm pointing down and the steering rod diagonally to the upper side of the wing protruding the top skin and the servo hatch on the bottom side.20191130_223753.jpg