Sabre made in Belgium

So i made up a simple pushrod with a 2mm clevis on one side for lenght adjustment and a 90° bend on the other side.The bend will be on the servo side and just slided in the servo arm without retention. It can't slide out due to a ply collar on the ply servo cover.

On the aileron side i made up a horn out of epoxy plate and will be glued in the aileron with epoxy .The pushrod hole is positioned just above the aileron-curve centerline.The epoxy horn has some holes in the part where it sits in the aileron for good fixation.20200208_223011.jpg

20200209_224816.jpgNo worries Chris,we'll be safe with 25 sabre's aroundwink.

I finished the second aileron servo connection today...The list is getting shorter !

Another item on that list was giving the rudder a more scale look altough it's not operational.

I removed te part that's normally moving,bevelled the edges and added a little block(the part in front of the hinge line)20200209_224805.jpg. Both parts will be glassed apart and glued together later. It's atleast more realistic than a panel line

With all the servo's installed,i was planning to permanently install the fin and rudder but i still have to close the bottom of the fuse .I realised that would be a pain with the fin in place.

So ,first a little last planking or better a little hatch ?I hate the idea not being able to reach the elevator attachment in case of problems !ideaAs i don't want to add weight ,i kept it simple :I prepared a piece of 4mm balsa that fits the opening in the fuse. Then added two pieces of plastic snake wich will serve as two little dowels.Drilled two holes in the former where the dowels go in ,and formed a little ''lock''at the back side.Nothing left to do than just a little sanding. Voila !20200212_231802.jpg

All in place it looks like this .I reinforced the hatch with a small piece of 1mm ply in the front.20200212_231740.jpg

The hatch will be secured with a little screw via the exhaust20200212_231823.jpg

20200212_231840.jpg

Two more things before the final sanding! The fin and the canope. Stay tuned !moon

Hi again ,The last item on the wooden airframe is to fit the fin and rudder accompanied with the fillets. The fin was fitted earlyer so that's the easy part. i glued it in with epoxy because cyano could run onto the belcrank and we don't want that ! Later i fitted some triangular balsa strips over the joint.The hard part is sanding these guy's ! For this i made-up a special tool.Well special...It' s the non-threaded part of a 10mm bolt welded on a large nail who fits in the handle of our perma-grid files.On the 10mm cilinder i welded a flat plate.

20200214_210913.jpg

The idea is to wrap a piece of sandpaper around the cilinder and secure it with a little clamp.

20200214_210932.jpg

To my surprise it worked very well !With this tool it's easy NOT to touch the parts beside the fillets. Easy to handle too !

20200214_210850.jpg