Gerry Anderson Thunderbird 2

Hi all,

I'm thinking of a winter build and I need your help please.

Don't ask why but I like the idea of building Gerry Andersons "Thunderbird 2".

I have searched the internet looking for free down load plans but to no avail.

The question is are there any plans available for this and if so where.

Thanks' in anticipation

Chris

Advert

Thanks' for the replies,

Cymaz I jumped the gun and ordered the "Airhogs remote control TB 2" it arrives this Wednesday and I will be looking to scale it up. I have Visio CAD software to do the drawings.

Kiwikid, that TB2 sloper looks fantasticwink have you any details of it

I live on the East coast very close to "flyable" cliff tops (3 minute walk) so I could do a sloper. The other option is to use my 2 FMS 50mm EDF's as used by Tony Nijhuis in his jets, possibly with a central motor/propeller like a helicopter rotor but built inside the body to provide lift. I would use Depron/wood to build because of the light weight it produces.

This months RCM&E article by Alex Whittaker did show a TB 2 in balsa by U-build, when you look at the website it is not listed or mentioned. Could a moderator try to find out where it came from.thumbs up

Thanks again

Chris

• 3 months later...

Chris

As other have said you would have to stretch the design of TB2 to make a flyable version or else build it extraordinarily light to get the wing? loading down to a reasonable level. It would likely have to rely heavily on body lift which suggest it would not only have to be light but quite powerful as well. Not an easy combination.

TB2 3view1

If you want it to fly and be anywhere near true scale I suspect you will have to design it yourself.wink 2