RCM&E 2019 Fly-In - pics etc,,

Advert

Just moved the post here Chris 👍

We’ve had a great weekend, many thanks to all who came, flew and chatted. It was great to meet so many forumites too.

Congratulations to Chris too for his giant Renaissance that flew so well and won the Mass Build trophy.

Piccies in the magazine report to follow of course. 

Edited By David Ashby - Moderator on 15/09/2019 21:24:41

Very good weekend at BMFA Buckminster this weekend so thanks to the RCM&E team.

Friday and Saturday had amazing weather and still got lots of flying in the dull conditions on Sunday.

The site was as immaculate as ever so a big thanks to the Buckminster crew and Manny.

I hope there is another event next year and that we can make it.

Good to make new friends.

Great shot of my EFXtra David 👍

Cheers

Ray Watts

Posted by Ray Watts on 15/09/2019 22:30:12:

Friday and Saturday had amazing weather and still got lots of flying in the dull conditions on Sunday.

The site was as immaculate as ever so a big thanks to the Buckminster crew and Manny.

Cheers

Ray Watts

It was certainly a great weekend and Avice and I enjoyed it (we even managed to get a bike ride out of it). Of course Ray's weekend was enhanced by the old couple camping next door Nice to meet you and Mandy, Ray.

btw the inadvertent s/c flash which I thought had damaged half my 308duo iCharger turns out to be merely the balance board and quite repairable. Not so sure about the LiPo - which suffered a dead short for about 1 sec - I'll check it tomorrow.

I even managed to bring home all the models I took and in the same number of components.

Geoff

Posted by Geoff Sleath on 15/09/2019 23:46:59:
Posted by Ray Watts on 15/09/2019 22:30:12:

Cheers

Ray Watts

It was certainly a great weekend and Avice and I enjoyed it (we even managed to get a bike ride out of it). Of course Ray's weekend was enhanced by the old couple camping next door Nice to meet you and Mandy, Ray.

btw the inadvertent s/c flash which I thought had damaged half my 308duo iCharger turns out to be merely the balance board and quite repairable. Not so sure about the LiPo - which suffered a dead short for about 1 sec - I'll check it tomorrow.

I even managed to bring home all the models I took and in the same number of components.

Geoff

Very nice to meet the pair of you and remember what I said to you, don't judge your abilities compared to others, so long as you are enjoying the hobby and are meeting good friends through it, then you are doing it to the max. This is a great hobby with a large community in a small world. Long live model flying

Ray

Thanks for the excellent picture of my Gypsy Moth, Danny, as you said, the yellow stands out. btw, there IS a pilot in there but he's in the rear cockpit and hidden by the wing.

Avice and I had a great weekend. She took advantage of the gentle terrain to try out the wrist she broke 6 weeks ago by going on a couple of short bike rides and relaxed in the sun.

Thanks to the Ashbys et al for organising the fly-in. I hope it's repeated next year (with good weather pre-booked)

Geoff