P&P charges from the USA

Christopher Morris 2

Do Americans get charge the same fee's as us Brits on an ebay sale?. Now, many Brits were trying it on & trying to sell “!let's say a £5 item” for 1p & £7.50 P&P. So the seller only paid a commission on 1p. Now ebay stopped this & now charges a commission on the sale price & p&p added together.
Do the Americans still have the old system, or does the USA just charge a lot for P&P, as i see many items for sale at “lets say” a $50 & a further $50 P&P. Must be some of the highest P&P prices in the world as I can send to Australia for half that price. Any thoughts?

I suggest their p & p is so high as to deter business from outside the US. Tower Hobbies is quite reasonable for postage. I’ve been quoted over $70 for a $30 cowl.

By the way AliExpress has just charged be about £3.50 for a large carbon fibre undercarriage from China

As Denis says, P&P from the American continent is a killer on large packages and then you have to factor in HMRC charges which will include carriage in as part of the value for taxation, plus the UK delivery company will charge around £12 to collect customs duty on behalf of HMRC.

One has to wonder if ordering from European suppliers will be as bad after Halloween.

You think U.S. postage is expensive ?

Try Canada !!!

It will get more expensive since Donald's latest "teddy throw" regarding international postage.

My advice if you are considering buying anything from abroad is to do it sooner, rather than later. particularly if it is from the far East. Their postal rate advantage won't last forever and prices are slowly rising.

Nice "or not" to see we are all in the same boat. You can get around some of the import duties if you can get the sender to NOT put an invoice in & send as a sample. Or, if you have an American friend to send it as a present.
But either way, its still expensive.
But even the UK is getting more costly. I just sent a 28Kg vice to Scotland "with a cheap post code" at a cost of £42 P&P "Ouch". Problem was that only a very limited amount of couriers would touch anything over 30Kg & my parcel was 39Kg with the box i had to make for it to transport. The odd thing is that if this person had brought the 2 that i had for sale, i would of driven them up there & had a break in the lake district on the way back.

Posted by dave parnham on 29/09/2019 17:13:15:

Just been looking at Plans and kits from Balsa USA.com and they want $100 dollars as shipping deposit.

So a $40 dollar plan could cost 140 dollars total.face 7

The cheapest way to get plans from abroad is to buy pdf, or jpg versions and have them printed over here. Although not all sellers will oblige.

However there are a lot of plans out there that are not as expensive (or are free), so it is worthwhile searching the internet, or asking on forums like this one. RC Groups is another very good site, where people are happy to share information.

What plans are you looking for ? I might be able to help.