Dave's F-86 build

Well it looks like I'm in fingers crossed I will get started in the new year I have permission to get a wood pack next month then I'll get all the other sheet etc. in December January latest.

I am a member of Dartmoor slope soaring club but I've never slope soared I fly my electric RES glider from a flat field but looking to join some of the guys on the slopes soon.

The scheme I've chosen is an RAF scheme 229 OCU Sqn. which my dad was on.

I'll be watching your builds with interest and gather some tips before I can get started, I have built a few stick and tissue models and a couple of rc models so not a complete novice.

229sqn.

Dave

Edited By David Still 1 on 06/11/2019 19:25:21

Advert

Posted by Martin Gay on 06/11/2019 22:52:31:

Hi Dave,

The Sabre will go well on Chagford slope in a decent breeze!

Flown there many times when I was a member of the same club. Stan Yeo could probably help get you sloping.

Martin.

Yes I was talking to one of the guys about it he recommended Chagford and black hill I have a big rudder elevator model to practice with. We were saying that for a slope club most of the flying happens at the little Haldon site Stan is stepping down from the club this year.

Dave

I have been talking to the old man tonight and he directed me to this one as he felt the raf camo. would be hard to see. if not bagsied already I might bag it I just need to find a three view of it.

Spanish air force

It looks like it'll be glassed then that should make the scheme easier to apply.

I'll be ordering my wood pack in a couple of weeks time I'm starting to feel a little excited.

Dave

Edited By David Still 1 on 08/11/2019 23:04:59

Posted by Chris Barlow on 10/11/2019 02:15:47:

They all turn into black silhouettes when flying SW in the sun off the Orme Dave!yes

Yes I find that, I have only been flying properly for a year my glider has yellow transparent wings which still silhouette when high up, my sharkface turns into a dot in about 5 seconds!. It does only seem to be useful fairly close in....to me anyway.

My dad can't remember them being camo. just silver but he said they were pretty worn so could have just lost their paint.

Dave

Hi David,

Apologies for probably breaking up your dreams, but your scheme of the Patrullia Ascua was already taken by Simon Ward 2 on 26.09.2019.

Being a demo team, you could of course contact him and choose a different existing registration. Not a prob... wink

Hope your not to disappointed.

Cheers

Chris

Hi David, I agree with the last two comments, also, go with whatever scheme you want to see the model in. It's your model and your building it!

Regarding time, there's plenty of time available to complete the model, were all feeling our way a little, but as said above, they seem to go together pretty quickly.

Hi David,

If you fancy having the Indonesian Spirit '78, have a look at the bottom left corner of your pic.

There are 2 additional registrations & nose markings provided, so pick the one you prefer.

If I decided to jump in - with only 2 builds behind my belt - this isn't a complicated but rather fast build. yes

Plenty of time left, young man.

Cheers

Chris

Hi David,

I've chosen the Spirit 78 scheme, but please feel welcome to join me with another one so that we can make a team. It's only a colour scheme - no one has ownership of any one in particular, and as Phil (I think) said on another thread, it's good to see multiple examples of one scheme as it gives a sense of cameraderie.

Steve

Posted by Steve Houghton on 12/11/2019 13:29:14:

Hi David,

I've chosen the Spirit 78 scheme, but please feel welcome to join me with another one so that we can make a team. It's only a colour scheme - no one has ownership of any one in particular, and as Phil (I think) said on another thread, it's good to see multiple examples of one scheme as it gives a sense of cameraderie.

Steve

That's very good of you Steve I will go for a different number .

Dave