Full size aircraft displays

Chris Walby

Thought some might be interested as this pilot seems to be pushing "scale" flying to a new level.

**LINK**

Although they could be marked down for minimal use of the rudder!

PS do Typhoons have elevons or is everything via the canards, LE and rudder?

If anyone has any outstanding video of full size aircraft being flown please post here.

Edited By Chris Walby on 23/11/2019 07:20:28

Advert

Many years ago I seem to recall watching a film of some RAF (Buccaneers?) doing some very low level attack manoeuvres as part of a joint exercise with the USAF somewhere in the US. The thing I remember most was that the US were filming it but the crew were so amazed at the flying that they got out to stand and watch it. Does anyone else remember or have links to this bit of film?

Also many years ago, 1977, I was an Officer under Training at Dartmouth Royal Naval College. One quiet afternoon I was involved in an inter-divisional cricket match on the sports field above the college when a pair of Buccaneers came reefing round over the Dart, rolled inverted and blasted above us at less than 100ft, waving through the canopies. Magic.

Posted by Ron Gray on 23/11/2019 13:49:36:

Many years ago I seem to recall watching a film of some RAF (Buccaneers?) doing some very low level attack manoeuvres as part of a joint exercise with the USAF somewhere in the US. The thing I remember most was that the US were filming it but the crew were so amazed at the flying that they got out to stand and watch it. Does anyone else remember or have links to this bit of film?

My recollection is of a TV report from an exercise in America where the British were acting as the target for the US to attack but the evasive flying 'surprised' the USA team.

Yes very good pilot, but she is flying an aircraft designed for extreme aerobatics, although I do show the scouts that fly one of her videos as it demonstrates positive and negative g nicely + what happens if you repeatedly grab the stick with both hands and put it in opposite corners of the cockpit!.

No video I'm afraid, but years ago I remember our very own Andy Sephton chief pilot at the time at OW, bringing in the Shuttleworth MkV Spit on the short and uphill strip (towards the hangar) because IIRC, the wind was wrong for the then unextended main strip where we fly our models. Talk about low, slow, and drag it in over the hedge, up the hill and with the rudder waving furiously to keep it straight. A huge round of applause from the crowd for that - could easily have gone pair-shaped even for a top pilot.