Enya 120-4c Exhaust Replacement

Gary Clark 1

Hi,

20191217_141127.jpg

I received this engine from a friend as he no longer had any use for it but unfortunately it did not come with a muffler or any part of the exhaust system. Having had a look around and trying to match the thread to other 4 strokes i have failed to find a replacement.

Has anyone got any experience with Enya engines, and if so, have any idea where i could get a manifold/muffler to fit?

Thanks,

Gary

Advert

The exhaust thread, according to my notebook is M11 x 0.75.

The RCV 120 SP uses a M11 X 0.75. Weston distribute these. Check I'm not talking out of my backside before spending money, but a line of advance.

And off another table, the OS 4 strokes, 70 to 95 size use this thread, and that's easier to source.

Edited By Don Fry on 17/12/2019 16:08:24

Posted by Don Fry on 17/12/2019 16:04:03:

The exhaust thread, according to my notebook is M11 x 0.75.

The RCV 120 SP uses a M11 X 0.75. Weston distribute these. Check I'm not talking out of my backside before spending money, but a line of advance.

And off another table, the OS 4 strokes, 70 to 95 size use this thread, and that's easier to source.

Edited By Don Fry on 17/12/2019 16:08:24

yes Don correct at M11 x .75 and is the same as the 90

Just Engines have a turboheader that fits

I have one of those and use the exhaust from an ASP 91. It works fine and plenty of accessories are available. I am not a fan of the turbo headers myself as the only ones i have seen have been extremely loud.

Beyond that its a good engine but is probably best thought of as a 100 as its not the most powerful 120 ever made. The air bleed carb is also a bit crude but they are reliable which is the most important thing. I used 15x8 on mine in a pulse 60.

Dont use more than 5% nitro as the enya's dont need it. If you add nitro you might have to start adding head shims to prevent becoming a professional propeller chaser as it will soon spit the dummy if you upset it. Laser 5 or techpower 5 would be my fuel choices. Again, 15% oil is plenty for the enya's.

no worries.

Enya made great engines and i have always thought them the best built of all the japanese engines. Their only weaknesses are the air bleed carbs being very 1980's, the rockers can be a touch fragile when they get old so watch it when adjusting valve clearance, the stock exhausts are hopelessly loud.

I have a little 80 enya which is really a 72 and while its not very powerful its a great engine..at least it is on the bench, i have not flown it yet. My enya 53 was good but the carb was hopeless so i bought the enya twin needle flavour. I then had to sleeve it down to stop the damn thing throwing props. Its now sweet as a nut. My 120 was always great but i bought a dog of a 155 which is like triggers broom now and sports a laser carb for good measure.

A friend has a 120-4c, a 155, a 53 and 3 120R's. All run great and have a very distinctive exhaust note.

Shame you cant really get them any more

• 3 months later...