Probable scam?

Peter Christy

Posted by PeterF on 05/03/2020 19:38:01:
Posted by Peter Miller on 05/03/2020 18:25:15:

I think I have a new one.

A very convincing email from my internet provider telling me that my Direct debit has been cancelled. and giving me links to give my details. Oh yes!! I am sure!!!! Not a snowballs chance.

I went and checked on my bank account and it still has not been cancelled.

Funny you should mention this as I have just dealt with, i.e. hit the delete button, exactly the same thing.

I forwarded it to my internet provider and then deleted it

I had a phone call recently from someone who could hardly prononce my name telling me that there was a problem with windows which needed sorting out. I then explained that there was nothing wrong with my windows as the window cleaner had been yesterday and I could see outside quite clearly. There was a long silence and then the line went dead.

I must be one of the luckiest people smile d, I've won 65 Toyota 4WD's, $100,000 worth of $500 gift cards for both Woolworths and Aldi, 6 Jags, and, inherited $48 million from both a US and UK relatives with the "same surname".

Funny, I'm still waiting to see any of it sad, never responded to any of the emails, but the dead relatives, I have fun with them, until, I get tired of the back and forth emails, then I ask them one simple question "what is my surname?" and never hear from them again, (I don't use my name in my email address).

If in doubt call the head office of the subject of the email, they will confirm wether the email is a scam or not,

NEVER GIVE YOUR DETAILS OVER THE PHONE OR IN EMAILS

Dave

Yet another one to be aware of................

I advertised a musical instrument on Gumtree.

Within half an hour, I had an e.mail (via Gumtree), stating that somebody was interested in buying it for their mother.

Alarm bells rung when it went on "I will pay the full price, my courier will collect blah blah blah".

Be careful out there folks, it seems everybody is after our Stella tokens!

• 4 weeks later...