X10 Horus update

trebor

Advert

I think you have to ask yourself if your are happy with what you currently have and does that do everything you want without issues. If the answer to that is ‘yes’ then why bother. My 2019 Taranis I bought to replace my ageing one has ACCESS but I don’t use it. My Horus 12s doesn’t have it and I’m perfectly happy with the way that operates so will not be upgrading that.

Of course if you’re in the camp of got to have the latest (and ‘best’ ) then go with it!

Edited By Ron Gray on 03/01/2020 11:01:26

Edited By Ron Gray on 03/01/2020 11:01:49

From FrSky's site:

" FrSky has developed excellent new ideas that expand the role that a traditional protocols would play. Building on our well acclaimed ACCST protocol, ACCESS offers visionary features like Smart Share™, Smart Match™, and Trio Control ™. Once a receiver is registered to a radio, it can be re-bound at any time without accessing your receivers F/S button. Sharing models has never been easier, and updating has also been simplified, you no longer need to physically connect your receivers for updating. In addition, new tools like a Spectrum Analyzer are now available on your transmitter. "

So a receiver can be bound to two transmitters allowing you to carry a backup tx in case your primary fails. It can be rebound without accessing the bind button on the receiver and receivers can be updated with a wired connection. Access also claims reduced latency if your thumbs are too quick for the current radio link.

I did (briefly - very briefly) think about updating my X12 but then:

I have enough X series receivers to see me out,

I have never noticed a model lagging behind my stick movements

it's a couple of minutes work to access the bind button in most fixed wing models should I need to swap transmitters

so I decided to save the £70 board costs and subsequent receiver costs and buy more airframes instead.:

Posted by tommy on 03/01/2020 18:25:42:

Hi trebor

I have been talking to Richard at t9 hobbies ,had been having a bit of trouble with my X10 . I asked him about up grading to access he was more for waiting a bit longer to see what happens.

Tommy, have you changed the board then or just having problems with the tx ?

Shame about the analyser sad

Hi trebor

I had a couple of glitches when flying on Monday , telemetry lost warnings, this was with two different planes. I was using rx8r receivers it was split second but very noticeable. I rang Richard at t9 hobbies and his answer was to change rf board as first thing to try, when I asked about up grade he was of the opinion to wait a bit longer

• 3 weeks later...
Posted by Andy Joyce on 24/01/2020 16:35:46:

Probably correct but did wonder if opentx offers any improved functions WRT the FRSky OS.

OpenTX is far far better IMO, once you get used to the way it works. Remember FrOS is based on OpenTX and uses the basic terminology started by OpenTX.

Edited By Andy48 on 24/01/2020 17:11:50