Hobbyking Film

Hi Guys, quick heads up.

HK now have covering film back in stock at the Euro warehouse. Not the full range but quite a variety.

Postage still a bit high at £6.06/roll, but better then the £15 or so that Global wanted.

Also seems the same whether you buy 1,2 or 3 rolls, so the more you buy the cheaper it gets.

Knock yourselves out

Jeff

Advert

Posted by Jeffrey Cottrell 2 on 15/04/2020 22:48:38:

Martin

AFAIK it's only LiPo's they won't ship from Euro. Not a major issue given the current situation.

Jeff

I've just this minute ordered 4 lipos & 1 LiFe from EU. Let's see what happens.

Posted by Jeffrey Cottrell 2 on 08/03/2020 17:18:09:when I went to check shipping I found that the 'cheapest' was Fedex Priority at £15.99.
Posted by Wilco Wingco: I got caught the same way. What I didn't realise until delivery was that I had to pay additional import tax of nearly TWICE the cost of Fedex delivery.

I have also found that during the china lockdown the free-freight options for 'international warehouse' despatch has disappeared from a number of websites (e.g. Banggood as well) and sometime the 'cheapest' freight on a $150 foam plane is more than $150 (yes - extra for freight!!)

I also have found Fedex provide an excellent delivery service BUT they are very well set up to collect import duties and taxes that might get missed (or ignored) by smaller operators. I think the governments reckon if they make the 'big guys' comply they'll collect the majority of taxes due with little or no effort.

It's a bit hard for shoppers when only one option is offered. I guess 'patience is a virtue' to endure until the world of supply and deliveries returns to normal (what ever that is!)

Regarding HK film - I like it, and like the price, BUT don't read the word colour descriptors! A roll of "Yellow" looks very orange in the display photo, and in reality it is definitely ORANGE!! " 黃色" must translate differently over there?

Bruce

Posted by PatMc on 15/04/2020 23:11:48:
Posted by Jeffrey Cottrell 2 on 15/04/2020 22:48:38:

Martin

AFAIK it's only LiPo's they won't ship from Euro. Not a major issue given the current situation.

Jeff

I've just this minute ordered 4 lipos & 1 LiFe from EU. Let's see what happens.

My order arrived 20 minutes ago. That's just under a week to get here. thumbs up

Posted by Martin McIntosh on 21/04/2020 14:56:51:

Looked at a couple of different lipos on HK EU and UK yesterday and the price was similar so ordered from the UK. We shall see how long it takes.

Dont'cha jut love how HK keep their customers updated.

Last I heard UK warehouse was closed for the duration of the lockdown. Now I understand they are 'slightly open' ( their words.)

Interested to know how long they take to arrive.

I ordered a couple of rolls of film from Euro warehouse on 17th, they arrived today, so 4 days, not bad.

Probably need a calendar to check arrival of the Global orders.

Ho hum

Jeff

Hi Guys

So, HK can't seem to decide whether the UK warehouse is open or closed.
Ordered a couple of bits from the UK warehouse. The order was placed on the 21st, and arrived today so seems like the verdict is 'they're open'.
Have to say three days from order to delivery is better than they normally achieve.
If this is working with a skeleton staff, long may it continue.

Martin
Have your LiPo's turned up yet?

Jeff

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys

Just got to the covering stage with my third lockdown model. I am using some film I bought from Bangood when HK were out of stock.

Proving to be pretty good.

Not quite as stretchy as HK or Oracover, so doesn't do compound curves very well, but for what I wanted perfectly adequate.

Hidden benefit. I am using a flat sheet wing, and that is noticeably stiffer with the covering applied.

So, if (when) HK run out again, good alternative.

Cheers

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...