UK resin supplier

Former Member

Well that's £24 + vat, a good laminating resin can be had else were for about £22inc for 1.5 kg. like

don't forget that the pacer do laminating and glue versions which have additive added to make it stronger so can fill gaps etc

I am looking for a budget epoxy glue supplier for 5 min and 30 min, i have noticed that the prices really have gone up. ( please don't suggest poundland it is a recycled/remanufactured epoxy glue and not as strong, no does it bond as well compared to known makes like pacer etc

Those look like interesting sites. They did not come up when I googled to try and get the type of cloth I wanted but they do not seem to sell that. Just received some more multipurpose resin from ABL Stevens because I know that it is compatible with other products I use.

Will star this for the future since the prices appear quite reasonable.

Posted by Martin McIntosh on 19/05/2020 19:16:10:

Thanks for the replies but nicht spreken se Deutch.

It was twill weave cloth, about 180gm or lighter that I was after. I now have my latest crop of moulds done with what I had/could get.

If you go to the top right of the screen and click the german flag it will all magically turn to British and English.

use R@g many years ago(25 years) were good then and still have a fantastic range, was a lot cheaper and you couldn't get it here then especially the range of top end stuff.

Andy, it is the same stuff as far as I am concerned other that leftover stuff seems to last longer in the freezer. It can be thinned with cellulose for spraying too.

Barrie etc., I have bought some Rustins plastic coating in satin to use on WW2 models but have not tried it yet.

How do you know that I used to fly SSM? Nasty glitchy rubbish. I got sponsored by them for the 1979 F3A W/C`s. Due to overdriving of the Tx output stage, both Tx`s blew up before the comp. costing me my No.1 model, but luckily the other failed on the ground. Sussed the problem with a simple meter and got the local Futaba dealer out of bed very early on the day before the comp. to replace a transistor with a more powerful one. Nervous now? Just a bit but you do not read about that sort of stuff in the mags.

Are you the Barrie from SCRCAC whom I made Mewgull spats for?