DX8 gen 1 and Lemon rx compatibility issue?

martin collins 1

I have a gen 1 DX8, it range tests fine on Orange and Spektrum receivers but i have just bought two Lemon 6ch rx`s and both bind ok but as soon as i use the reduce power range check button on the tx the receivers drop out. The light goes out and the signal is lost, it does not return when the button is released. The tx and rx have to be turned off and on again to get a signal. I have tried the rx`s on a different plane and get the same result, is there a compatibility issue between the DX8 gen 1 and these lemon receivers? I have a larger Lemon rx that appears to work ok. I have tried a full power distance check and at 100 paces with the tx on full power i still have all controls working..............M

Advert

Martin, I had exactly the same problem with my DX8 and 2 Admiral Rx's (rebranded Lemon) from Motion RC in europe. It was worrying because I had bought several Rx's because they seemed good value and received some good reviews.

Like you, I also did a full power distance check of over 250m and all seemed to be OK. I subsequently flew the model and have done so a few times since that day and all has proven to be fine with no problems whatsoever.

I did some investigating and discovered that Gen 1 Spektrum Tx's and Lemon Rx's have a problem with the low power range test although I don't know the reasons why but it was a compatability issue of some sort. Apparently the problem doesn't exist with Spektrum Gen 2 Tx's which is good because I just upgraded to a DX9.

That's my real world experience of the problem.

Hope it helps.

I have a DX6 and recently realised an Orange receiver was short on range so range checked all the ones I had along with some Lemon ,including Lemon gyros . All were giving one third of the back to back range of Spektrum. Took them all out and bought some of the new antenna less Spektrum Sport which seem excellent My sons DSM2 orange receivers seem to be all right for range .I used to think compatibles were ok but now I think the extra money for Spektrum is well worth

IMHO the issue lies with DX8 gen 1 and 6 channel lemon RX's, have two of both (RX's and TX's) + a model that repeatedly crashed in the flying field on the same arc from the TX.

Mine would pass the reduced power range check, but at full power loose the signal in the same distance between RX and TX.

Not a problem with other Lemon RX's or any other Spektrum RX's be it DSM2 or DSMX

I have sent all the information to the Lemon customer service dept and also to the service dept at Als Hobbies who deal with Spektrum tx servicing. Let`s see if they blame the others equipment ! wink 2 I personally think there is some sort of compatibility issue, to resolve it i guess change receivers or buy a new tx, happy with the DX8, i don`t need all the extra gizmos on the later ones.........