So what's happened to the August issue?

GONZO

As the title. Publication date of a slimmed down mag was pushed back 2 weeks due to circumstances. Last issue(displayed as the current issue on the site) stated August would be published at the later date of 24/7. As a subscriber in the past it would arrive around a week early of the publication date. So, effectively subscribers have had the date pushed back 3 weeks.

In the current situation people are reasonable tolerant and understanding if given an explanation, in good time, as to the reason for events. A brief explanation on the forum would have been appreciated.

kc, maybe just not updated. I start to get nervous about things. The August issue that was to be published on the 24/7 is the last issue of my current subscription. The reason for my nervousness, I've fallen foul several times in the past when model publications have ceased soon after I've subscribed.

Yep. The August issue will arrive with UK subscribers this coming week. Overseas delivery with the usual lag time.
I’m told that 13 issues will be just that, but whether that means an added special issue over the 12 month period (as has been the case for many years now) or 13 issues to cover a 1-year and 1-month period is yet to be decided.

Edited By David Ashby - Moderator on 25/07/2020 19:12:20

According to another thread subscribers can download the free plans they missed together with the RCME articles which are already available online to print subscribers So if Greg and Stephen are missing these issues then they could download them instead. It's not clear whether any missing issues will ever be sent, so best to download and save them anyway.

Posted by David Ashby - Moderator on 26/07/2020 07:00:14:
Posted by Stephen Belshaw on 26/07/2020 06:34:10:

Here in Hungary I'm still waiting for the July issue to be delivered. Or was that never issued in print??

Print issues have never stopped Stephen, it was just a 2-month gap in overseas deliveries. The July issue was sent to overseas subscribers though.

I've not received anything since the April issue. Very frustrating.

I was beginning to wonder where my copy was, my subscription according to the website expired last month but as I pay quarterly I see it is now October so my guess is I am ok their. However I did discover I can read the current mag online through the subscriber pages so I have had a good browse all ready, just would rather have copy in my hands to flick through and the print is bigger!

Posted by malcolm woodcock 1 on 29/07/2020 12:24:07:
I'm moving more to cancelling my subscription than I am to renewing.

I think that might hurt you more than the magazine Malcolm, as you will end up paying more for your favourite magazine from your local newsagent, assuming that they have one in stock. In which case you might miss out completely rather than having to wait a few more days. Anyway, don't you know there is a war on? - furloughed staff,  part time working, people working from home. Give the editor a break!

Edited By Piers Bowlan on 29/07/2020 13:28:49

Piers, I know you mean well but things haven't been easy for myself. Ten years ago a paraplegic friend asked me to help with her mother, they had been at that time friends of mine for thirty years, so naturally I agreed. It turned out that my friends mother had dementia and over the next few years the dementia progressed as it normally does and six years ago the care became too much for me on my own and my friend had to retire to look after her mother. Needless to say my flying became less and less as the dementia progressed until for the last two years I managed no flying at all. The mother passed away on 'Mothering Sunday', then lockdown started. I sometimes have meetings on Zoom and if I'm really lucking a skype one-to-one. With the lockdown being gradually lifted there's hope of meeting friend but most of them, naturally want to see their families before they want to see their 72 year old friend, so I'd be grateful if you'd keep your assumptions to yourself. Receiving the magazine is one of the small bright moments but as I fly electric only it is often irrelevant for me so £5.75 is often a waste of money because if there's not enough in the magazine, I won't be buying it from any newsagent.

Malcolm, I am sorry you have been having tough time of it one way and another. I don't make assumptions about anybody on the forum as none of us know of other members personal circumstances, I just read your post and it sounded like you were a bit piqued by having to wait a bit longer for your subscription copy of the mag. Evidently you are actually not happy with the content which is of course an entirely different thing. Why don't you email Kevin and say what you would like to see more of and, you never know, others might have suggested similar things to you. I am sure Kevin appreciates anybody taking the time to give him their feedback.

Anyway, I hope you continue to enjoy the hobby and are able to meet up with old friends soon. Also, I do apologise if I caused offence in some way, clearly not my intension. The last sentence was meant to be tongue-in-cheek by the way!