This really makes me mad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It has happened again and it makes me so mad .Order an item from a model shop online .It stated " In Stock " after a week no parcel had arrived .The Model Shop took my money the day I order the item . I contacted  the model shop to find out what was happening and was told it was out of stock and they where waiting for new stock to arrive .I ask how long would that be and the model shop said they did not know .I then ask why they took the money out the day I order it knowing it was out of stock even though there web site showed it in stock and the just said that was the shop policy . So I told them to refund my money and I would never use that model shop again and that was my policy .It seems to me these are the tricks some model shop are going to get your orders. I have reorder this item from a different model shop .Who have assured me it is in stock and will be dispatched that day and it was .Why do some model shop just tell you it is out of stock and not try and conn you into keeping that order even when they no it is out of stock and do not know when it will be in stock again .GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Edited By tigerman on 20/09/2020 08:52:59

Advert

Tigerman. Could you clarify if the shop was an "online" one, or if it was a physical shop with an online presence ?

I have found that all the physical shops I have dealt with online have given very good service. It happens regularly that items are shown in stock on the computer, but the shelf is empty when they go and look. However, I have not come across one yet that hasn't been polite , or tried to be helpful.

Modelsport in Otley are another. They tell you stuff is in stock, take your money, nothing arrives, when you chase it up its not in stock, never has been. If they can only partially fulfil an order, when their stock does arrive, they charge you postage again on an item they said was in stock at the time of placing an order. Its deceitful behaviour.

Edited By Phil Green on 20/09/2020 15:48:25

Posted by Phil Green on 20/09/2020 15:46:28:

Modelsport in Otley are another. They tell you stuff is in stock, take your money, nothing arrives, when you chase it up its not in stock, never has been. If they can only partially fulfil an order, when their stock does arrive, they charge you postage again on an item they said was in stock at the time of placing an order. Its deceitful behaviour.

Edited By Phil Green on 20/09/2020 15:48:25

I use Modelsport for pretty much all my RC Car stuff because they carry the best stock. I always go by the "in stock / no stock" indicator and never been duped AND the shipping is always fast even through covid .

I can't say I've had similar problems with my suppliers .but what makes me mad is finding out that after fitting cap strips some of them are thinner than the L.E. or T.E. sheeting .

If they are thicker then a quick sand solves the problem .

Thinner ,needs filling and sanding back ,complete removal or if left alone an ugly wing .

The problem is that I salvage lots of balsa just for the purpose of cap strips and being old stock may be of slightly different thicknesses .

Perhaps I should pay more attention before I glue them on .! ! !