Hello from Norfolk

Matt Carlton

Hello everybody,

Well, I thought I should introduce myself. I have formerly been a member here, but I took some time out from the hobby for various reasons and recently started again in earnest.

I'm Matt, from Norfolk. Been flying RC for the last 25 years or so. I started with and mostly flew slope before I moved to Norfolk, but now fly mainly IC and a bit of Electric. I do much prefer IC I have to say, and enjoy traditional model building.

That's about it I suppose! I did post a few weeks ago but I may have out in in the wrong place, so I apologise for that if that is the case!

Cheers all,

Matt

Advert

Posted by kevin b on 23/09/2020 23:32:20:

Welcome back Matt.

Don't they do slope soaring in Norfolk ? devil

The way the planet is going I would suggest you start building float planes !

I did manage to find a cliff, but large lumps of it keep falling into the sea. Floatplanes are not a bad idea, but we're ready for sea level rise over here, the only footwear we have is wellies 🤪

Posted by kevin b on 23/09/2020 23:32:20:

Welcome back Matt.

Don't they do slope soaring in Norfolk ? devil

The way the planet is going I would suggest you start building float planes !

There are cliffs at Happisburg (sp?) but they keep falling into the sea and there's some in Cromer. There's at least one very steep hill nr Holt because we had to use the granny ring on our tandem to climb it. So, despite what Noel Coward wrote, Norfolk isn't very flat

Geoff