Indian Scout

This is the prototype Indian Scout I have been constructing for AWD over the last month. It is now nearing completion and has gone together really well requiring a few minor tweaks here and there.

Wingspan is around 1100mm and will be pulled around with a Redfin 020 (a lovely motor) diesel, as with the other AWD designs it slots together effortlessly and was a pleasure to build.

Covered in the last of my translucent Solafilm it has turned out very light.

When things become safer and we able to venture out again I will report back on how it performs.

A few photos I have taken along the way.

Rich

fb_img_1605358394045.jpg

fb_img_1605358400242.jpg

fb_img_1605358377676.jpg

20201114_115226.jpg

20201114_115405.jpg

20201114_115339.jpg

20201114_112002.jpg

Advert

Yes thought post was about a motorbike  ! An age thing obviously wink no grey haired emoji ?

Very nice build yes

I have just built a Westfield Toucan for a mate and converted it to IC power and he chose a RedFin Compish 0.5cc diesel . Lovely little engines .

Hope you get to fly it soon .

PS You can get translucent covering made by Jacinth . Its polyester , very strong and diesel proof . Rapid RC stock it  Beware of the fluorescent versions though as they are heavier than the translucent or normal colours

Edited By Engine Doctor on 14/11/2020 15:11:38

Posted by Bob Cotsford on 14/11/2020 13:26:28:

Am I the only one who expected to see an old American V twin motorcycle?laugh

I do like a yellow and blue scheme, it seems to suit vintage types. This reminded me that I have a Slicker Mite kit and an MP Jet 06 kicking around somewhere.

Yep, me too! But then I was an enthusiastic member of the Vintage Motor Cycle Club for some years.

This Indian Scout is very pretty and would certainly suit a small electric motor set up as DD writes - sorry blush

Geoff

Bob,

It would be good to see the Mite kit built as I have one stuck in a box too! no engine for mine unfortunately yet but keeping my eye out. The suitable motors I have seen on ebay go for silly money, sooner or later something will turn up on Facebook Market place.

I did seriously think about electric but I didnt want the Redfin sat in a box.

DD,

AWD = Angle Wing Designs. Here is their website AWD (I have no connection with them)

There will hopefully be a bit of a review coming in RCM&E in the next few months of their little delta 'BLINK', that's a fun machine!

Also worth checking out is their Prandtl flying wing, a finless wing with no drag flaps. They are also working on a twin electric pusher version, its fascinating different stuff.

Don't worry about going electric as I have seen this on their FB page, not much compression mind crook

fb_img_1605372513093.jpg

fb_img_1605372463886.jpg

Engine Doctor,

Thank you for the heads up on the translucent covering, I will give that a try.

Rich

Edited By Richard Harris on 14/11/2020 22:51:24