Forum slow

J V R

Hate to disagree John, when I go into Gallery and select a new image photo of JD8's, just as an example, a loading message comes up and takes ages before it is displayed.

But selecting the top image for members albums then JD8's album it loads instantly and as you say they flit through rapidly.

Something odd going on with the new images?

4 hours ago, EarlyBird said:

Hate to disagree John, when I go into Gallery and select a new image photo of JD8's, just as an example, a loading message comes up and takes ages before it is displayed.

But selecting the top image for members albums then JD8's album it loads instantly and as you say they flit through rapidly.

Something odd going on with the new images?

I would agree there is something odd with the new "images", I have several in my gallery where I can see the thumbnails OK but can't open them. Those images also don't seem to be displayed in their original posts. I believe (hope!) the problem is being looked at by the techies.

Dick

1 hour ago, EarlyBird said:

I have two that I can not open, so far, but I have just checked and they are still in the post.

Intriguing.... 

Correction to my earlier statement - some of the images I can't open ARE still visible  in their original posts, but some are not.

Even stranger!

Dick

1 hour ago, EarlyBird said:

I understand that some images were screen snips for example which obviously are not photos, these did not make the transfer.

Not sure I understand that. I assumed (always dangerous!) that a jpg was a jpg, and all my screen grabs are saved as jpg files. Is a "screen snip" something different?

Dick

screen grabs and screen snips are the same.

But they are not photos even though they are jpgs. Photos have lots of data included and I assume because the screen grabs have this missing that's why they weren't imported.

I am guessing of course.

Edited by EarlyBird
spelling

Could be a good guess!

Lots of my images are drawings, or much edited/cropped photos, and saved in jpg format from other applications. Mind you, I can't immediately see link between the type of jpg in my gallery and whether it transferred or can be opened or not.

Let's hope the techies can spot the issue.

Dick

Sorry if I gave the wrong impression, but I am not actually worried about the pics or the albums.

I was just pointing out that the new forum has a problem with some images in the gallery which can't be opened, and at least one image that didn't come across from the old site into its relevant post.

if I am the only one who has noticed these problems then it is is obviously not something to worry about, but I would be interested to know why it happened if you ever find out - just curiosity on my part.

Dick

• Thanks 1