New Format BMFA Events Calendar Not Working Well

Apart from making the titles of the events very difficult to read even for those of us who can see reasonably well, the details of events near the bottom of the calendar in the drop down details are mostly obscured by the bottom banner on the screen.

What was wrong with a straightforward list how it used to be. Someone was trying to be too clever and mucked it up.

Calendar.thumb.JPG.2b5758161e87559dec76eb1d8b4750f6.JPG

Edited by Andy Stephenson

Advert

29 minutes ago, Andy Stephenson said:

That's odd I'm not seeing what you are seeing although if I click on the submerged link I can get the details in text form but no map. Could it be it's not optimised for Firefox browser.

I think they are just optional ways of viewing it.

By playing about with it I can see it the same way as your screen print or as EarlyBird's screen print - that is in both Chrome on my mobile phone or Firefox on my laptop.

Dick

I totally agree. The present system is far too cumbersome and narrowly focussed.  It seems almost to have been designed to prevent people from finding out what else is on offer apart from what they are originally looking for. It's a bit like the difference between ordering a book from Amazon and going to a bookshop, where you may well stumble across a title even more interesting than the one you thought you wanted in the first place.

Let's get back to the straightforward earlier system; select a month and then you have the whole range of what the BMFA and its clubs are doing, - shows, contests, seminars, fly-ins, jumble sales, AS workshops, the lot.

13 minutes ago, Martin Dilly 1 said:

I totally agree. The present system is far too cumbersome and narrowly focussed.  It seems almost to have been designed to prevent people from finding out what else is on offer apart from what they are originally looking for. It's a bit like the difference between ordering a book from Amazon and going to a bookshop, where you may well stumble across a title even more interesting than the one you thought you wanted in the first place.

Let's get back to the straightforward earlier system; select a month and then you have the whole range of what the BMFA and its clubs are doing, - shows, contests, seminars, fly-ins, jumble sales, AS workshops, the lot.

Oh Dear! We definitely will not be going back to the old, dated, inefficient and extremely limited (not to mention unsupported) old system.

The new calendar is so much more advanced with many extremely useful features, it also gives much more flexibility, flexibility to view the listings in different ways, flexibility to find events by type, by distance from a location, or all events in a given time period. The old calendar was lacking in so many ways by comparison it doesn't deserve mention in the same post!

Personally I prefer the list view,  click the middle button highlighted by the red border.Calendar1.thumb.JPG.82fd91f84947c1f7caae88e5c662c443.JPG

The search by date range tool is also excellent, you can select a date range, this week, next week, next month etc.

DateRange.JPG.53358c1bd717593147ec46c82c2d99d5.JPG

The searching and filtering options are just so much better than the old calendar.

searching.JPG.6e44a0cc6b265899eb22396a325bfca6.JPG

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

"We trained hard—but it seemed that every time we were beginning to form up into teams we were reorganized. I was to learn later in life that we tend to meet any new situation by reorganizing, and what a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while actually producing confusion, inefficiency, and demoralization." Petronius, 66 AD

Still seems to apply. Just a thought!