E.Bay sellers (again).

SIMON CRAGG

Arrgggggh!

How do sellers get away with advertising that an item is shipped from somewhere in the UK (only take a few days in the post), when in fact it is coming from China?.

Just ordered my favourite ESC, which was advertised as coming from Leicestershire England.

After filling in all the PayPal guff, up popped a load of Chinese gobbledegook, and confirmed that the ESC would not be here for at least two weeks.

Even Postman Pat, does not drive that slowly, even with a hangover!.

Its no big deal, and not the end of the World...............but a bit irritating.

Mis advertising?.

I have had a whinge to the seller E.Bay, but wont hold my breath!.

There is no way of knowing Simon,

We look through carefully to see that the supplier is UK, and when you pay, it just comes up China.

Sadly, and often, the goods are the least quality that qualify the description.

As always, stick with known quality sellers who operate on ebay.

There are times we have to go outside our normal habits and just take a chance.

6 hours ago, Engine Doctor said:

I ordered some bits from China for my car about a week ago not expected to be delivered until mid April. Arrived today ?. Some Chinese sellers now seem to have UK stock 

There is a airfield in Holland?  hosting great big cargo planes. Since this has kicked in, deliveries to Europe are weeks faster. Since Brexit, living in France, I no longer look to the UK for stuff, so look further afield. And have noticed the speed up.
Containers are still fowled up, in the wrong place. 

If they are advertising that it is being shipped from the UK but it turns out to be from China, then you should open an eBay case, saying that the goods are not as described. The only way that this sort of thing will stop is if enough people complain about it and get their money refunded to the point where it hurts eBay.