Loss of trim on starboard aileron and flap.

Hello,

I have Discus scale glider,with the usual flaps and spoilers.  The TX is a Spektrum DX9 which has given me faultless service since i made my purchase when it was initially released on the mk many years ago.

I have the flaps coupled to the ailerons. Now something rather odd has occurred. The aileron trim on the transmitter now only works on the port wing,  I.e. both aileron and flap move up or down in unison, however, on tjhe port wing neither aileron or flap respond to the trim input.

On any of my other models which have dual aileron servos, no problem.

Anyone have any ideas on how to solve this conundrum please?

Advert

2 hours ago, Robert Putley 1 said:

I shall do that Denise. it would be surprising if the wing setting would have changed of its own accord.

It may not have changed at all Robert

But the original wing setting, which at one time worked

Can have difficulty with subsequent additional mixes, and give unwanted results.

My comment was meant in good grace as I have seen much head scratching at the field from applied or changed demand on wing setttings.

You have a good day and stay safe.

Robert

it would be surprising if the wing setting would have changed of its own accord.

It is not unknown for a Spektrum to change settings by them selves. From what I have managed to determine it appears to be related to switching off the Tx at exactly the wrong moment. If you select a model but switch off (it auto saves on switch off) before it has fully loaded it is possible for the individual settings within the model memory to get corrupted.

As I have only had one instance in many years I cannot be certain this was the cause but I do make absolutely sure that any model memory selected is fully loaded before I switch the Tx off just to be sure.

Obviously if your Tx is indeed correctly set and you still have the problem then the cause is somewhere else.

A bit of a chore but you could try setting up the configuration again from scratch in a new memory slot.     

Firstly, Dennis, your comments were taken in good grace, and many thnks for those.  Now Simon!  I too have heard od Spektrum settings haven taken leave of their senses, leading to changed settings.

Your switching off theory could possibly be the culprit. Should I not be able to solve this annoying problem, I will first of all, save the memory, then manually reinstall all settings, them keep my fingers crossed that all will turn out as should be!!

This should help - it explains the master/slave relationship, and also shows that mixes within the DX9 do can have the trim function enabled or disabled.

”DX9 mixing has the following parameters

Master channel

Slave channel

Rate: <high percentage> <low percentage>

Offset: <percentage>

Trim: <INH/ACT>

Start there, I suspect the problem is somewhere within that mix. If you can’t work it out ask a question in this thread on RCGroups to Andy Kunz who is a member of the team that develops all the Spektrum TX software...

3 hours ago, Robert Putley 1 said:

Matty, keeping you in the loop, have right now posted a thread on RC Groups.

If it’s this one I’m afraid you may not get much response - it’s in the model boats section! I just requested that thread is moved to the Radios forum instead, but if you don’t want to wait for that post your question directly in the DX series thread I linked to earlier.

Edited by MattyB