633 Squadron just started on ITV 4

leccyflyer

Are some of the sequences taken in the Mach Loop?   Seems similar at any rate.

As an aside my old boss, a Wop/Airgunner  mid nineteen forties, was most amused when Lily the Pink reached the charts and then Chitty Chitty Bang Bang appeared, both drinking songs with slightly different lyrics.

Edited by john davidson 1
addition

3 hours ago, john davidson 1 said:

Are some of the sequences taken in the Mach Loop?   Seems similar at any rate.

As an aside my old boss, a Wop/Airgunner  mid nineteen forties, was most amused when Lily the Pink reached the charts and then Chitty Chitty Bang Bang appeared, both drinking songs with slightly different lyrics.

I thought some might have been in the Mach Loop John, but the location information indicates that the mountain scenes are in the Highlands - Glencoe, Glen Nevis, Loch Morar and Lochgilphead. The Mossies were based at Inverness Airport during filming in the Highlands.

Poor old 633 Squadron. Perhaps it's me but it's about as wooden as the Mossies featured. Funny how so many of those films of that era haven't stood the test of time. Went to see 633 Squadron at the flicks as a kid and loved it.......but then we never saw the strings in Thunderbirds etc.

And then we have..............Mosquito Squadron - oh dear me, a real shocker.

For me the film I never tire of is Twelve O'clock High with Gregory Peck and Dean Jagger.

Lots of good points from the film - several actual real life Mosquitos either in the air, or in taxiable condition at the time- we're unlikely to see that, any time soon. Forget the naff special effects, which were of their time, and concentrate on the footage of the real Mossies in the air and on the ground. Then there's the music - an epic theme by Ron Goodwin. I flew my Mossie at the club field a few weeks ago and was delighted to hear that someone in the pits had fired up the 633 Squadron theme on their phone, whilst I was flying. 😄

• Like 1