Thermo formed canopies/lights

Basil

Hi all. some time ago some where on this web we were discussing the making of canopies and other plastic items by using thermo plastic sheet over a former. I have been trying without success to make some nav light covers. Some one came up with the name of a company that would do the forming if provided with a plug. I cant find any references any where. Can some one help, I have my two little plugs , made from balsa for wing light covers and am looking for a company or person that could form them. Does anyone have a name or names please. I would be very grateful . Bas

Advert

Thank you all for your comments. I have been trying to heat/ mould  a couple , kept getting folding occurring around the 3d bend at the corner . I have since re shaped the plug in order to smooth/lessen the curve. One of the biggest problems is holding the plastic sheet, heating it, pulling around the plug, without getting your fingers burnt.No suitable gloves.

Bas

Edited by Basil