Replacement electric motor for a Park 150

wingspanner

I've build rc models before over the years but only for static purposes and ive decided to build a slow park flyer in depron as my first flyer. The only thing is that it recommends using a Park 150 motor. Plane is a Lazy Bee 20" wingspan, 15" length 5.1 oz weight. Any ideas on a replacement motor or links to an equivalent one? 

Advert

I fly a Micro Bee and while this model can flit about quite slowly in calm conditions give it some beans and it becomes a crazy hairybatic model, loops in an instant and with lots of rudder will roll three times in a second!!!

Keep control throws low 10mm each way. It is a rather small model to start with and can soon be just a splodge in the sky getting away from you.

Sorry to be rather negative about this. However as you say this is a first flyer  I would recommend something larger even a Bee and have some help getting you started.  As a self taught flyer many moons ago I would say it's a hard road.

SAM_0479.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wingspanner said:

I've build rc models before over the years but only for static purposes and ive decided to build a slow park flyer in depron as my first flyer. The only thing is that it recommends using a Park 150 motor. Plane is a Lazy Bee 20" wingspan, 15" length 5.1 oz weight. Any ideas on a replacement motor or links to an equivalent one? 

The Park 180 is available, 2 or 3 cell lipo and 30 watts.

• Like 1

Horizon's ridiculous habit of not giving out the specs of their kit so you can find suitable alternatives strikes again... Is it really that hard for them to provide the kV, mass etc on their site? It's all designed to keep you locked into their (high priced) ecosystem IMO...

• Like 1

22 hours ago, J D 8 said:

I fly a Micro Bee and while this model can flit about quite slowly in calm conditions give it some beans and it becomes a crazy hairybatic model, loops in an instant and with lots of rudder will roll three times in a second!!!

Keep control throws low 10mm each way. It is a rather small model to start with and can soon be just a splodge in the sky getting away from you.

Sorry to be rather negative about this. However as you say this is a first flyer  I would recommend something larger even a Bee and have some help getting you started.  As a self taught flyer many moons ago I would say it's a hard road.

SAM_0479.JPG

Just about the easyest flyer I have is my old Mercury Matador, originally flown free flight but now converted to radio control with throttle, rudder.  On a calm evening a delight to just steer about the sky and more or less lands itself.

There are many vintage type's in the 50" to 70" that may suit. Sarik models have many plans available.  Cheers,  John.

Matador 50.JPG

• Like 1