RadioMaster RX

Zflyer

Advert

On my R168 I have waited at least a minute and then a quick press of the FS/Bind button sets the failsafe no problem. I've not had to do it within the 10 seconds as it says in the instructions. Perhaps it is after 10s ?

Set the Tx controls to where you want them, quick press the bind button and the LED blinks twice. 

Turn off the transmitter and the servos should move to where you want the F/S position.

Edited by John Wagg

None of my any different receivers require the F/S to be set within 10 seconds. Just a quick press at any time when convenient.

The Radiomaster RX's button is easy to press but my concern is that it is too easy. Only needs an inadvertent press when powered up and the F/S is reset perhaps to where you don't want it. (hopefully though you never need the fail-safe..)

14 minutes ago, Ace said:

Sorry not a RadioMaster owner just curious - do you have to set the FS every time you turn on or is set once until changed ?

The latter... With receivers that can't do failsafe from the Tx, you turn on Tx, turn on the already bound Rx, hit bind button within 10 seconds. The reason for the 10 seconds is that it prevents failsafe being accidentally set by an inadvertant press of the bind button. Once done, it's there persistently. I did this only yesterday on an R84 and it's definitely necessary to do it within around the 10 seconds of powering up the rx.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, David Hazell 1 said:

The latter... With receivers that can't do failsafe from the Tx, you turn on Tx, turn on the already bound Rx, hit bind button within 10 seconds. The reason for the 10 seconds is that it prevents failsafe being accidentally set by an inadvertant press of the bind button. Once done, it's there persistently. I did this only yesterday on an R84 and it's definitely necessary to do it within around the 10 seconds of powering up the rx.

Just doubled checked my R168 and the F/S can be set and reset at any time. If I set the F/S within 10 seconds it can also be reset again later. 

Both my R168s are the same

Tried various ways and it still resets no matter what I do.

My R88 doesn't have the exposed button so can't be accidently reset.

• Confused 1

Contrite apology. Now have read the instructions for the R86 (sorry not R88) and that does say press within 10s of powering on. "10 seconds after being powered on the Bind button function will be disabled to prevent accidental changes to the failsafe."

The R86  does in fact need the F/S button pressing within 10s to set the failsafe. After that the failsafe can't be changed. 

I've done practical testing and confirmed that is correct. After 10s the F/S can't be altered. To alter the F/S the change must be done within 10s of powering on.

Confirmed by the LED flashing twice to show failsafe setting. After 10s the LED doesn't have the two flashes and the F/S won't alter.

Don't know why they bother as the button on the R86 is the usual down in a hole and not easily pressed as on some of the other receivers.

Just re-read the instructions that came with the R168 and there is definitely no mention of must 'press before 10 seconds'.

The R168 does have the exposed button on top of the case.

Perhaps it is later receiver versions (current) that Radiomaster had to modify because of the exposed button position.

Re-tested the R168 and that still remains the same. Failsafe can be set at any time just by a quick pressing of the button. Confirmed by 2 flashes of the LED.

So I would say to Zflyer - do you get the 2 flashes of the LED when trying to set the failsafe plus is the Receiver definitely bound in the first place. ?

Edited by John Wagg
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...