February 2023 Issue - thumbs up

leccyflyer

Just a quick thumbs up for the February 2023 edition which arrived with the postie this week. It's heartening to see the editorial team acknowledge and take note of the concerns expressed about readability and dark text on picture backgrounds. This edition is bang on, with no readability issues at all, so thank you.

On receipt my initial thought was that the mag seemed a bit thinner than usual, but checking the page numbers it wasn't and my first read through at breakfast turned up lots of interesting articles and I perceived an increase in the number of pictures, some excellent general topics covered as well as the usual targeted articles.

• Like 2

The 0-Four9ier plan is in the February edition, 56" span, 30" fuselage length, takes a 2321 brushless outrunner, 2050 kv, 5.5x4.5" prop and a 3s1p 1100mah lipo. The main change to electrify the model seems to be lengthening the nose to give room for a battery compartment and to help with the CG. I'll let Peter Miller elaborate on any other changes that were necessary.

I recommend the subscription option, which I use, and Mortons have a nice sweetener in the form of two publications on Sea Harriers of the Falklands War and Luftwaffe Fighters for new subscribers this month.

Find the O four9ier section on Modelflying and you will see that Peter put this particular plan there to download as he didn't intend publication at that time .  So it's there free - the electric version on Modelflying , while the original ic is on Outerzone.

I note that Peter's article says it's a 3S  while the advert from 4 Max next page offers a 2S for this design with a different prop size.   Best to check before buying anything.......

Edited by kc