Lack of control over electric motor runs

Basil

Can anyone help me please. I am puzzled about the motor running. Set up Lipo, Motor, 4M-ESC60A-40 ( smax)speed control.

1) complete wiring circuit with RX.

2)Insert bind plug and start bind .

3)starts to bind then motor starts.TX has no control over motor. Bind completes. motor still runs on.

4)to stop remove supply to RX.

5) motor connected to esc alone, 3 beeps.

6) ESC has been programed in line with 4max  recs

Earlier during my efforts to get a correct bind the motor refused to work regardless of any  settings.

My only thought is a faulty ESC , this one is brand new never been used. Tried different RX  same result.

Has any body got any thoughts.

This is the only ESC that has the correct plug etc for any trails. The motor is used, second hand but was tested upon reciept months ago, any wy it runs ok. Meanwhile I will order a further ESC.

3 hours ago, Outrunner said:

Bas, I usually bind the Rx before plugging in the ESC then at first startup with esc plugged in you can calibrate the throttle.

I usually bind my receiver to the pre-setup channel before I do anything else to the electronics and definitely before fitting it into the model.  I just attach a servo to make sure it's bound and then attach the servos in the model (inc the esc) once the receiver is in situ.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Shaun Walsh said:

Have you plugged the esc lead into the correct socket on the 620. I had the same problem, no motor, turned out I  had plugged the lead in the wrong place I had plugged it into the batt socket instead of channel 1.

Shaun, ( And all those that answered) I have got so used to setting up, whilst constructing, with a dry cell pack,( and I am a novice) that I just forgot that its different when connecting for real. Many thanks and apologise  to all of you.

Bas

Simple safety rule - never bind an RX with an ESC and motor attached. Always bind up your RX out of the model where it’s far easier to do, and attach a single servo to the throttle channel attached so you can verify you have control and that it responds as desired. Even so, when you plug in with the motor and ESC connected for the first time, make sure that prop is off!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MattyB said:

Simple safety rule - never bind an RX with an ESC and motor attached. Always bind up your RX out of the model where it’s far easier to do, and attach a single servo to the throttle channel attached so you can verify you have control and that it responds as desired. Even so, when you plug in with the motor and ESC connected for the first time, make sure that prop is off!

I always run without a prop until its ready to fly. Always fitted once I am sure all is OK.

Bas

• 2 weeks later...