RAF C130 Flypast

I might catch a view in the high wycombe/halton part of the trip depending on the route. I found them on flight radar with omen 1 ahead of the other two who were very close together. I zoomed in and they both vanished from radar, which was alarming! Hopefully just FR24 loosing the plot. 

The flight plan map says RAF valley at 11:15 I think it was, to fly to RAF cosford...

It must have flown the opposite side of Snowdon because we heard not a dickybird.

About ten minutes ago I heard a high flying Hercules which sounded as if it was flying back to valley perhaps...

Rcme free plan to come ?

You have to hand it to American designers, when they get something right, they really do get something right. C130 first in service 1956! A year more than I've been around.

DC3  & 707 also come to mind.

Not sure exactly why the RAF are dispensing with their Hercs, but I guess they'll continue for some time with the Americans and other airforces. No reason they couldn't reach their centenery if not with the military, but with relief agencies, fire fighting and so on.