"Saving..."

Mike T

Advert

OK - having established that I'm not wasting my time - I frequently bash out a lengthy post and hit 'send', only to get "saving...", whereupon nothing happens for the foreseeable future.  I've just got this on private messages as well.

I usually copy my text while this is happening and try again, but it's getting to be a severe impediment to participation (translation: it's a royal pain in the donkey)

Anybody else?  (I assume I'll be told ' the problem is at your end...')

Greetings Mike, Try loading a few photos, then going for a cup of tea and then press submit...You might be surprised that it still works.

You can even write a reply, nod off or even reboot the pc and find your message saved ready for you submission...One of the bonusses of the newish website. 

At the risk of being predictable - yes, I suspect it is something to do with your browser.  On Firefox, both PC and mobile, I can leave a post, do something else and return to find my previous text with an option to use or delete it.  

What browser are you using?  Perhaps there’s some sort of timeout option in it?

2 hours ago, Mike T said:

OK - having established that I'm not wasting my time - I frequently bash out a lengthy post and hit 'send', only to get "saving...", whereupon nothing happens for the foreseeable future.  I've just got this on private messages as well.

I usually copy my text while this is happening and try again, but it's getting to be a severe impediment to participation (translation: it's a royal pain in the donkey)

Anybody else?  (I assume I'll be told ' the problem is at your end...')

Happened to me on Firefox to the extent I prepared longer posts in a word processor. Also, attaching photos would time out. Possibly a Firefox "setting". However

past tense used, as since I switched to the Brave browser, everything is sweetness and light. 

A huge benefit of the Brave browser, that as I recall I learned about here, is it strips out the adverts from Youtube. 

1 hour ago, Graham Bowers said:

Happened to me on Firefox to the extent I prepared longer posts in a word processor. Also, attaching photos would time out. Possibly a Firefox "setting". However

past tense used, as since I switched to the Brave browser, everything is sweetness and light. 

A huge benefit of the Brave browser, that as I recall I learned about here, is it strips out the adverts from Youtube. 

IMO its network connection and speed, seemed to only happen to me when the internet was on a go slow.....and timed out...and yes I used to type mine in word as well..those were the days 🤣

42 minutes ago, Chris Walby said:

IMO its network connection and speed, seemed to only happen to me when the internet was on a go slow.....and timed out...and yes I used to type mine in word as well..those were the days 🤣

I had these problems with no other website or internet function. I could swap to Brave and what didn't work moments ago on Firefox was fine. So in my case, I'm as sure as I can be it was a browser problem. I'm on Fibre to the cabinet with Zen, a premium provider. I consistently get 30 odd Mb/s download speed, and about half that for upload.

Thanks for the input chaps.  I'm using Firefox with Privacy Badger and Ad Block Origin (turned off on this site).  I've just turned off the PB to see how it goes - tho' the posts above were made with it on...  Other than posting, I don't have a problem in navigating around the site and I don't seem to get problems with other sites.  Speed wise, I'm on a 100Mb connection.

17 minutes ago, Mike T said:

Thanks for the input chaps.  I'm using Firefox with Privacy Badger and Ad Block Origin (turned off on this site).  I've just turned off the PB to see how it goes - tho' the posts above were made with it on...  Other than posting, I don't have a problem in navigating around the site and I don't seem to get problems with other sites.  Speed wise, I'm on a 100Mb connection.

image.jpeg.ba34f52eaee3ec90b4c01569773ff476.jpeg

I have had this same problem again today from 12 noon onwards.    It says "Saving"  and then takes 5 or more minutes to accept the posting.   Same with editing.   Presumably it's the forum itself that is down at certain times?