Phoenix Simulator issues

Richard Gordon-Davis 3

Good day fellow modellers.

I have a real curly problem here as i own the original Phoenix sim with dongle etc from when I bought the Phoenix sim and have installed  all the updates to Version 6.

It has now become extremely jerky with propellor powered planes, but before you mention anything about updates and changing any settings,  I have done all of those fixes.

Here's the kicker, the moment I throttle back to idle with the powered planes, the simulator smoothes out totally, but open the throttle and the jerking starts again. This does not happen with unpowered gliders or with some EDFs which fly as they should, leading me to believe this is throttle related on any propped plane but as I said the I can throttle the edfs without any problems and I need to open throttle to launch gliders with no problems.

I even tried changing all the program settings like reducing the frame rates, sound drivers-( set it back to openAl ), reduced the prop visibility.... I'm totally stumped so any help would be gratefully accepted.

• 5 weeks later...

It's possible Pheonix is grumpy with Windows 11, running it in "compatibility" mode might help.

It's a simple process and there are lots of guides on how to do this on the net, for example HERE and easy to revert if it doesn't help.

35 minutes ago, Shaun Walsh said:

Indeed, that's why I asked about the spec of the PC, graphics card or processor may not quite be up to the job.

By running Task Manager you can see if this is the case, a guide on running it HERE

Run Task Manager while using Phoenix and see if it's CPU, Memory or Disk usage increases when you're experiencing the stuttering in Phoenix.

13 hours ago, GrumpyGnome said:

And finally, possibly turn down the graphics resolution...

I have done that....and graphics card is a goody as I run some serious games which are way more detailed than the sim. Also as I stated that when I deadstick the plane with power off it runs as smooth as silk... it's got me totally beat.

5 hours ago, PDB said:

It's possible Pheonix is grumpy with Windows 11, running it in "compatibility" mode might help.

It's a simple process and there are lots of guides on how to do this on the net, for example HERE and easy to revert if it doesn't help.

Hi, I've tried in compatibility mode and have even updated DLL files....

5 hours ago, PDB said:

By running Task Manager you can see if this is the case, a guide on running it HERE

Run Task Manager while using Phoenix and see if it's CPU, Memory or Disk usage increases when you're experiencing the stuttering in Phoenix.

thanks PDB this is something that I have not tried 🙂 ... I will give it a go when I get back home from a business trip.