BMFA Model Builders show

martin collins 1

Had an enjoyable day at the BMFA Model Builders show at Buckminster, Manny had given me a couple of tables to demonstrate and promote building models using foamboard and depron. I think it surprised a number of people how light and cheaply airframes can be built using these easily available materials. Entry to the Builders show is FREE, why not come along tomorrow and say hi, it is also a chance to pick up some of your winter modelling supplies from some of the traders there. I have nothing to sell, just trying to show a different approach to airframe construction.

IMG_20230930_114039_resized_20230930_082339747.jpg

IMG_20230930_114032_resized_20230930_082341058.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Advert

11 hours ago, martin collins 1 said:

Had an enjoyable day at the BMFA Model Builders show at Buckminster, Manny had given me a couple of tables to demonstrate and promote building models using foamboard and depron. I think it surprised a number of people how light and cheaply airframes can be built using these easily available materials. Entry to the Builders show is FREE, why not come along tomorrow and say hi, it is also a chance to pick up some of your winter modelling supplies from some of the traders there. I have nothing to sell, just trying to show a different approach to airframe construction.

If lived nearer then I would pop along.  BTW you say it is FREE to enter but the website says it is £5 - not that I would begrudge the entry fee, just noting the conflicting information.

11 minutes ago, Nigel Heather said:

If lived nearer then I would pop along.  BTW you say it is FREE to enter but the website says it is £5 - not that I would begrudge the entry fee, just noting the conflicting information.

I just scoured the verbiage looking for the start time, and noticed the "Now with free entry" is in the Latest news.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Nigel Heather said:

Nigel, I think they dropped the entry fee because a few traders dropped out.

• Like 1

Hi Nigel, no this one is built entirely from foam board and depron, looks like a balsa one but is a LOT lighter. Built from free plans online, there is a build thread in the foam forum on this site. I have built a Cambrian Funfighter 109 as well, there is a build thread for that, i think it is in the Warbirds forum. 

• Like 1

That’s one more thing tick off, my first time in Buckminster. On one hand very disappointed with the number of traders & visitors, on the other hand easy to get to the stands and pick up all I needed from the traders who were there. 

For me the best part of the day was the talk on glass covering, and meeting a few people I talk to on here, namely your good self Martin and John Diamond and his MB2.