Warbird Replicas FW190 newbie build (or possibly some wellingtons)

Lipo Man

4 hours ago, Gordon McConnell said:

Looking superb LiPo! Hoping to get back to mine over the Easter period. If I achieve half of the realism of yours, I will be happy. Envious of your manicured grass strip as well! 😀

Particularly pleased at the compliment on the grass strip - I do the mowing! 😇

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got some video of the FW190 flying in a "finished" state - paint and decals all done, canopy fitted etc.  It was very gusty so not ideal conditions but I'm getting comfortable with the plane so the wind wasn't a major problem, except for the wind noise on the camera phone.  Resolution isn't brilliant but it's proof of flight at least!

• Like 6

Nice flying Lipo Man - I enjoyed watching that. 🙂

Finally made a start on my FW190 today, just marking the bits up and getting the fuselage doublers glued up to dry overnight. Very impressed with the quality of the laser cutting and rewatching the first few of Ron's build vLOgs.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Final piece of the jigsaw on this build - I decided to gather my thoughts in a video review. Not done one of these before, and there was a lot of annoying background wind noise, but production values aside it's an accurate reflection of my thoughts about the kit - its' design, the build experience and of course how it performs in the air. It's quite long, so if you just want the highlights - I think it nailed the brief almost perfectly. I'm impressed!

Edited by Lipo Man
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1