Another FW190 build

Jonathan S

All.

I thought I would add my 2 pennies to the mix on the FW190. I am following Rons videos to help me speed up my slow building.

but thought i would share the pics of progress.. 

So far no blood and only a few swear words. 

20240109_211217.jpg

20240109_211227.jpg

20240114_211740.jpg

20240114_211745.jpg

• Like 3

I think Jonathan has followed what I did which is to glue the cockpit edge of the upper side panels to the sheet they are in, let them dry then cut the new line higher up. Much easier than cutting an infill strip.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ron Gray said:

I think Jonathan has followed what I did which is to glue the cockpit edge of the upper side panels to the sheet they are in, let them dry then cut the new line higher up. Much easier than cutting an infill strip.

Rob,I cut the strip from the sheet  they were in and lightly sanded the brown off the matching surfaces before sticking them together. Just as easy I think.

20 minutes ago, Eric Robson said:

Rob,I cut the strip from the sheet  they were in and lightly sanded the brown off the matching surfaces before sticking them together. Just as easy I think.

Each to their own Erid.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Ron Gray said:

Each to their own Erid.

Erid?

Actually I had the sides fitted when I found they were short. Your videos are very good for the new builders after 80 years of modelling I am set in my ways. I am now finishing the Brian Taylor Corsair I was building when interrupted by the arrival of the FW190, taking a little more than 10 days with this one. Rod😃

• Like 1

It actually highlights that there are no right or wrong ways, I keep saying that what works for the individual is the right way!

Thanks for the comments re the vids, hopefully it will encourage new builders to think ‘outside the box’ but mostly to thinking ahead.

On 19/01/2024 at 12:35, Ron Gray said:

It actually highlights that there are no right or wrong ways, I keep saying that what works for the individual is the right way!

Thanks for the comments re the vids, hopefully it will encourage new builders to think ‘outside the box’ but mostly to thinking ahead.

Ron,

The videos are fantastic.  They enable me to speed up the build because the thinking has already been done for me.  I spend a lot of time working out how to do each step as this is only my 2.5 build.  My spit is about 50% - 60%.  But by watching your videos it enable me to understand one of the ways of going about each step without having to spend half my time working it out myself... 

Thanks again Ron.  

Jon

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

OK so I am pushing on but the small people keep stealing my evening with their bedtime antics. i.e. staying up late and not going to bed.

But I have progressed as you can see from the Photos.  With the battery hatch fitted the catch and noticed the same issue as Ron.  Though I had not watched the next video to know he too had the same issue.  We both came up with solutions, his elegant and simple mine well not so much.  but anyway, here are the photos... again Ron, brilliant videos, and I should be at the work bench now but only just got the kids to bed at 9pm.  So maybe tomorrow.....

Edited by Jonathan S
spelling
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

She's gonna want those pegs back at some point Jonathan 

Looking good so far . you really should stop going to work . You'd get more done . 

My canopy didnt fit that well at the very back, so see if you can alter the profile on the rear spine . Maybe I should tweak something ?

Let me know what you think .

Richard, 

I will take a look later.  I do wish I had more time.  I seem to get more time when the wife is away.  Magically there seem to be less "important" jobs to do.  Not sure why 🙂

Jon

• Haha 1