Volantex Echine and Sonik Mini Planes (Corsair ETC)

I have purchased the Sonikrc Corsair, which like the other incarnations, comes with its own Transmitter (Tx). I have flown it using the Tx and it does fly ok, except I was having it climb when using left aileron, not really a problem just gentle inputs and corrections. I have a Radiomaster Tx16s and this can be bound to a number of receivers, having seen that the receiver in my Corsair could be bound to my Tx I duly undertook the process, this included the 3 position switch for beginner, intermediate and expert.

Having flown it with the Radiomaster it flies well. The only problem is in expert mode in both the supplied Tx and the Radiomaster it is very difficult to keep in the air. The winds were very calm, so I am convinced it isnt that turbulence, though have not flown it indoors.

Anyone else having this problem and if so any suggestions on using expert mode, basically not stabilisation.

A few of similar planes in our club but no one has managed to fly in expert mode.

Generally all fly in intermediate mode.

I have set up some very small rates om my TX16S but not had chance to try them out yet.

Like John said, lots of these in our club and use of expert mode is usually limited to a few seconds of experimentation. They fly so beautifully well in beginner or intermediate mode that there is rarely any temptation to go into expert mode. The only thing I miss is the ability to pull off a good split S to get on the tail of an opponent headed in the opposite direction.

Similar experience with my FW190, also on a TX16S.

I've got rates on expert mode at 25% of the beginner rates, and it's still VERY challenging. I tend to fly in intermediate then switch to expert if I want to loop or roll, then switch it back pdq!

John's F-82 does a very credible and exciting spin. 😎 

714759306_Jan7th-12.thumb.jpg.b015114826d8c2969cc460ab78a4a660.jpg

My Bf109 does a nice roll off the top, but I've not managed a proper Split S and fly most of the time on beginner mode as it looks soooooo good carving up the sky. They all fly superbly and the best fun is with five or six up at once.

3 hours ago, john davidson 1 said:

They will usually  loop in intermediate, release at top of loop for an Immelman

Ditto. Intermediate mode and just pull up for a loop. Not managed a roll yet. Haven't got the equivalent for the acrobatic button on my TX16s.

Now on my second T26 Trojan. Lost the first one when I flew across the sun. Never saw it again.

I fly Mode 1 and just can't use the included transmitter.