Paint stripper for Acrilics

Yep, the small Tamiya acrylic paint jars are the correct thread size for the common Badger airbrush bottle tops and enable you to have multiple, thinned paint colours in usable containers, just swapping over between a few screw caps. For cleaning out the dried acrylic paint inside the empty jars you could try isopropanol, which I also use for thinning the Tamiya acrylics themselves or windscreen washer fluid, which I use neat for cleaning the airbrush between uses. Funnily enough, that is exactly what I'm doing this morning.

You could try soaking them in neat Dettol, though I've also read that oven cleaners and even brake fluid can work. I think Deluxe Materials also have a paint stripper in their range.

Cheers

Idd

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jrman said:

Cellulose thinners should work.

Dont forget to consider the substrate when talking of things like 'Oven cleaner' & 'Cellulose derivatives '. Many foams, adhesives & plastics dont always like such strong liquids.

Bas

5 minutes ago, Don Fry said:

But you still get long chain molecules in a 2 pack. Solvents pick at the end. Heat the things to shorten the chains, more ends to pick at.

Non technical, but you see the shape of the argument?

So you're liberating those short chains by heating them up and the resultant vapours then contaminate the internal surfaces of your oven, so that every time you heat it up, you liberate more of those into the air inside the oven and potentially onto your food? No thanks.